Glock 21

punisher716

"some" pistols allow you to swap out a 40 barrel with a 9mm one. The M&P Shield can do that for example... (40 to 9mm WILL NOT work the other way around without grinding down some of the barrel - no thanks)

I wouldn't trust it myself but based on everything I've seen, there's some wiggle in the barrel because the slide isn't machined for the 9mm but doesn't affect accuracy.

Texas45

"some" pistols allow you to swap out a 40 barrel with a 9mm one. The M&P Shield can do that for example... (40 to 9mm WILL NOT work the other way around without grinding down some of the barrel - no thanks)

I wouldn't trust it myself but based on everything I've seen, there's some wiggle in the barrel because the slide isn't machined for the 9mm but doesn't affect accuracy.

Not a good idea to swap stock 40/9 barrels
They make "conversion" barrels however.
The "loose slide" is not a good thing.
Besides why bother if you bought a 40 shoot 40 if you want a 9 buy a 9.
I personally prefer 40 or 45 over 9mm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan-O

Lonewolf made a G-20 coversion barrel from 10mm to 9mm. Not sure if they still do. Heard there was feeding issues unless you under sprung it, and the mags needed tweaking. Since you can drop a 10mm barrel in a G-21, then by deductive reasoning I would say yes.

railroader

I watched a video about this just yesterday on YouTube. I think the guy is shootingthebull410. Any way he got it to work with a lone wolf conversion barrel for a glock 20 and a 10mm mag. It just worked ok but I wouldn't trust it. I could see trying 40s&w though.

JohnKSa

Administrator
You can put a G20 9mm conversion barrel into a G21. Then you could use a G20 mag which should work in the G21. The feedlip spacing isn't right, but it's probably close enough.

But the extractor and ejector are sized for a .45ACP case, not for a 9mm case. It's a long reach for both. Might work, but I doubt it would work well.