Glock 21 Second Generation

mes228

I just traded for a NIB Glock 21 2nd Gen. .45 cal. Just curious if there were any problems common to this model. I have had many Glocks that I liked, but no 45's. Still have a 19 & 23. If anyone here owns a Model 21 I'd appreciate your comments. Also this one has adjustable sights from the factory.

9x19

Glock offered a free upgrade to them, they would re-cut the squared ejection port & extractor to a slight outward angle (as seen from above the slide)... and refinish.

Uncle Malice

Good gun if you can get over the huge grip.

I had a 21SF for a while. Liked it a lot but ultimately ended up letting it go in favor of my XDM 45.

I had a 21SF for a while. Liked it a lot but ultimately ended up letting it go in favor of my XDM 45.

Same boat...But I used a raft to escape the boat we shared. ie: I went with the XD45 because I wanted something different than Glock. Feels amazing!

For the OP Glock 21 is great, and I love the huge grip..To be honest, I have massive hands. Anyways, my aunt who is 5ft short has and carries a Glock 21 with her and it's her only gun...So she knows how to use it. She's been carrying it since 1998 or so. Good choice man, take care of it.

Anyways, have you seen the TV show "Justified" ? The main character carries a Glock 21 in the show and brags it a few times. When he had to give it up after a shooting for the US Marshall Service he had to give it up. When they asked "So what are you getting next?" he said "Probably the same thing" lol

^^^^^^^^^^ last paragraph was for humor :p (but is factual)

Uncle Malice

First season for sure. First episode, when he killed the dude in Miami. I swear I'd seen it since then, too.

I believe he also was using a 1911 in the episode when they were in the ladies dining room when she shot him with the rifle... also season 1.

I'm not into season 3 at all yet. I hate waiting for weekly episodes so I wait till the end of the season and then watch the whole thing over a weekend or something. :)

I'll PM you, don't wanna hi-jack this thread! LMAO

But seriously, Glock 21 you're good no worries. All is gravy. Smooth take down, easy to mod. Awesomeness. Congrats!

chris in va

On a side note, you can get the KRISS 30rd mag kit for the 21. Isn't all that expensive.

IIRC the newer 'ambi' mags will fit your older 21, but not the other way around. Someone else can confirm that.