Glock 21 carry.

Love&Hate12

Any advice on adequate ways to conceal in warm weather clothing?

I live in FL and we had a quite a nice cool spell from September to just recently and was able to conceal the G21 easily in heavier clothing. I feel most comfortable with this gun(12 rounds of .45), and would like to continue carrying it in the warmer months.

There must be some 'tricks'...

Thanks,

L&H12

evan1293

A friend of mine carries a 21 SF in a speed scabbard by desantis. With a baggy, untucked shirt (provided you have the right build)..you should be able to conceal it without too much of a problem.

Terry A

This is not going to be a "fashionable" answer but I have carried the Glock or the XD-45 in my jeans pocket when the weather was too warm for a jacket to cover up belt carry. A shirt that hangs out covers it nicely. If you carry it around your house this way for a while, you almost forget it's there, aiding you in not wanting to 'touch" it while out in public. Deep pockets naturally work best.

There'll be some lint gathered on the gun if you make this a habit, so a nice rubdown at the end of the day will make things good again.

"Uncle Mike's" makes a great inside the pants holster that can also be easily covered with the aforementioned baggy shirt.

MH-6 21

G21 pocket carry?

Terry-

Do you carry the Glock in your front pocket with one in the chamber, without a holster? I've thought about doing that but I think that would make me nervous. I'll have to look at it again maybe.

Caboclo

I carry a full-size XD 45. An IWB holster from Cross-breed and a hawaiian shirt works fairly well, but I'm strongly considering just switching to open carry.

Deputy Dog

I carry a G21 in a Galco Summer Comfort, with a pant size or two bigger, and a nice light baggy shirt over my T-shirt. I'm 6'2" 255 lbs, as you can see not a big guy, and can still conceal the bfg.

Deputy Dog

Dwight55

It really does boil down to what you are comfortable with, . . . personally I do not like leaving the house with my .38 or my .380. I LIKE my full size, all steel 1911, . . . and as much as I can, . . . it goes with me.

Summer just makes me dress a bit different, . . . jeans & tees, . . . but the 1911 is under that tee, . . . IWB, . . .

With some of the places I go, . . . I wish I could CCW my M1A or my wife's AR, . . . but I just have to be content with the 1911. I'm NOT comfortable without it, . . .

May God bless,
Dwight

Love&Hate12

I'm thinking about a G36 in the near future as a companion piece to the G21. Though I really love the soft recoil(for a .45) in the G21.

.357SIG

I stole this from my own post on another forum:

Glock 20 in MTAC IWB holster w/ Aker B21 belt:
-shirt is size L, which is not too big or small for me (6'0" 180 lbs)
-holster is worn at 3 to 3:30 position
DSCF2135.jpg

DSCF2133.jpg

DSCF2132.jpg

It disappears to the point no one will know it's there,unless you tell them about it and they look really hard.Works great with shorts and T-shirt, as that's what I'm wearing in the pic. I've been a FL native for 20 years, and I can do this all day in the 90+ deg. heat.

http://www.comp-tac.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=95

dawgfvr

I agree...MTAC is a comfortable and concealable holster.

I carry my G26 daily and forget it is there...almost.

As for .45 ACP...I think the G21 short frame is the only way to go in this caliber. Got to get me one. IMHO, one needs a full size frame and barrel to insure maximum penetration and expansion for the larger (preferred) grain rounds. Also...one needs a Glock IMHO with this caliber to insure the weapon reliably & consistently fires when one pulls the trigger.

allenomics

If I carried a G21, I'd put it in a fanny/camera type pack during Florida's scorching and humid summer months. You may want to reconsider the gun choice.

nogo

For me suspenders have made packing pistols easier. My pants stay up and weight is more evenly distributed.

Nogo

45Gunner

The G21 is a very large pistol for concealed carry. I would have to believe it was designed for a open carry duty weapon. I find it easier to conceal a 5" 1911 than a G21. If you want a Glock and want to conceal it and you want a .45, how about the G36. It's so small and compact that it becomes almost invisible wherever you put it. I used mine for a back up until I recently replaced it with a Kimber Ultra CDP II.

Love&Hate12

.357sig -

Much appreciated, I've ordered one of those holsters and hopefully this will do the trick.

Dawgfvr -

In short barrel .45's, the 230 gr rounds have less than 12 inch penetration in gelatin tests? I thought the velocity from a 3 inch or so was around 800 fps with Gold Dots or Winchester pdx.