Glock 21 and 20 conversions

rifleman0311

I've read tons of forums on these conversions and still don't have a general consensus......I've got a Gen 4 glock 21 sitting on a new lone wolf large frame but would like to shoot 10mm, and 357 sig out of it. Some say just drop in the barrel it will be fine...some say get the 20 slide, it's heavier, some say get the 10mm barrel but it won't lock up as clean as the .45 barrel and you need a 20lb recoil spring etc. What's the real deal on this conversion?

What barrel do I need for the 357 sig? I haven't seen much on the "conversion" barrel stuff.

Dan-O

I initially went with a non conversion stock 20 barrel in my 21 frame. I reload and my shot brass was coming out with the case mouth so mangled my brass wasn’t reloadable.

I found a smoking deal on a gen 2 20 and never looked back. I purchased aftermarket g20 barrels with better case support. Again I reload and wanted to extend the life of my brass as 10mm brass isn’t particularly cheap.

In order to shoot 357sig or 9x25 dillon from your 20 slide, you’ll need a conversion barrel. I’ve shot thousands of.40 from my stock 10mm barrel.

You can purchase 21 to 20 conversion barrels. Don’t know if there’s such a thing as 21 to 357sig conversion barrels.

I don’t know enough about gen 4 glocks and how they are sprung. All my glocks are gen 3 or older.