Glock 20sf or 21sf

Glock 20sf or Glock 21sf?

• Glock 20sf

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Glock 21sf

Votes: 10 66.7%

• Total voters

2ndamd

This will be this persons only handgun. I was leaning towards the 10mm because he can order a 40 cal barrel for cheaper shooting.

He wants to start shooting a little. Prolly once-a-month it sounds like. So, cost of ammo is not a huge factor. Now he "lives back in the woods you see. The woman, the kids, the dogs and..."him. So, he does not want a 38 or 9mm. He needs a gun that can take a big pig or ferrel dogs down.

The more I think about it though, the .45 is hard to beat. It is America's cartridge.

He likes the Glocks for ease of parts and maintenance. He is a do-it-yourselfer type. Again, a country boy can survive.

He has a shotgun (12ga) and rifle (30-06).

Love&Hate12

I'd use a shot slug or a .308 on four legged dangers. If cost of ammo isn't a factor, I'd get the 10mm G20 and do reloading.

ET.

I own a 21sf so I'm a little biased, but like others have said 45 ammo is cheaper & more abundant. BUT I have been eyeing the 10mm option. I am thinking of buying a 10mm conversion barrel, mags & ejector to have the option of firing 10mm from my 21sf. I've talked to people who have done this with great results. They say that it feeds 100% and is easy to change back & forth from 45acp to 10mm. This is in my future.

Sevens

Only handgun he's going to own? I think it's nuts to even consider 10mm for that role.

I've been a 10mm fan since I started reading Jeff Cooper in the mid 80s.
I've been a 10mm shooter and handloader since '92.
I've been a 10mm owner, handloader and shooter since '94.

I think it's odd and unfavorable to even own a 10mm if you don't at least intend to become a handloader.

For your only handgun? It's a handicap. Especially if he's a backwater country guy that doesn't order a lot of stuff off the internet.

If he wants ease of maintenance and the ability to take down threats in the back woods, suggest a .44 Mag Ruger Redhawk.

NOTE: These are merely my opinions, doesn't mean they are right. :eek: