Glock 20 Owners

Tom B

Do you keep your G20 box stock? If not what mods/parts have you done? I am new to 10mm and curious. Any frame battering using the stock recoil spring? Any other info I need to know about the 10mm or G20 would be appreciated. Thanks. :confused:

jimmy

With the exception of the factory ejector upgrade, my G20 is just as it came out of the box. It shoots great as it is, so I haven't been inclined to alter it. Night sights are a mod that would interest me, but I'm not in a hurry for them.

In sum, I guess I'd have to agree with the expression that "the best Glock is a stock Glock." :)

Brian Busch

I was running a heavier spring in mine, but I've gone back to the stock setup and I've expeirenced no battering. The only other mods I've done was replace the factory disconnector with an Alchemy 3.5lb disconnector. I'm also contemplating some Millet adjustable sights since mine came with the fixed factory sights, which I think suck.

agtman

Mine's stock, except for the Trijicons. Great sites, day or night. My G-20 has always been reliable and VERY accurate. Have shot it extensively but no frame-battering to report.

ohen cepel

Stock, except I dropped in a Glock extended barrel. I may do the 3.5lb connector.

I'm not too into all the mods people do to their Glocks. The weapon is 99% perfect as is (IMO). Many things you could do compromise the gun in other ways.

I have an older 20 and have no frame battering. If you really wanted to shoot hot stuff then a spring may be in order, but it may prevent you from shooting milder rounds. You could change it out as needed I guess.

Also, I was told Glock would upgrade my frame for a price to the new railed frame. If that is the case, they may replace other frames for a price.

Good luck with it.

OJ

I'm with Jimmie. My Glock 20 is stock except for the ejector upgrade and Meprolite night sites. I've never seen any reason to change anything else. GLOCK PERFECTION!
I shoot it every week -- at least 40 rounds of mostly CCI Blazer 200 grain with the top two Silvertips fired also -- those are the rounds that get rotated when dry firing.
Well over 5000 rounds through it and it just doesn't malfunction.
:cool: :D

Cal4D4

Mods

I reload so I went to a barrel with a fully supported chamber and cut rifling to avoid weakened brass and a possible KB. Upped the spring rate to 22# from the stock 17# to keep ejected brass near me. Sights are metal Heinies.

thisaway

1) Replaced the fixed sights with factory adjustables.
2) Replaced the 5# connector with a 3.5# connector.
3) Replaced the barrel with a BarSto match barrel for lead bullets.

My G20 is more than 10 years old but it is still my favorite Glock!

tstr

I put an extended slide release lever on. That made a nice difference.

Also, I reload and so I;

installed a Jarvis barrel which has a fully supported chamber and thus increases my brass life, and

installed a 22lb recoil spring because I load my 10mm ammo strong.

Both of these modifications have been a good idea for me and the way I use the gun.

But as others have said on this thread, the Glock 20 functions and performs just fine stock.

tstr

Carbon_15

My Glock 20 is box stock and has functioned perfectly for about 3 years now. 100% reliability after 5000-6000 rounds and accuracy on par with midlevel custom 1911's. I had considered a Jarvis or Briley barrel a while back, but didnt want to lose the extra velocity I'm gettting from the polygonal rifleing (no its not marketing BS). I have been told to replace the recoil spring with a Wolf model since I shoot alot of full-house loads, but the stock one works fine so far. When and if it starts to wear out I'll replace it with a Wolf or similar.
I got tired of my Glock looking exactly like every other Glock out there, but didnt want to mess it up with alot of ugly aftermarket Aro-tek stuff so brushed the slide release lever to a nice "brushed aluminum" finish leaving the groved black. ende up looking pretty nice. Everyone asks were to get one.
I reload for mine also, but still hav ethe same barrel. No problems thus far with out 40% of the ammo fired through it reloaded. Glock will do fine with reloads, they just require you to be extra carefull. Hot reloads get brand new cases that are discarded after fireing. Medium power reloads get new cases that I reload only twice more. Interestingly enough my medium power reloads are almost the same powerlevel as Silvertips and are no were near max load.

BTW...I dont use the lazer anymore since its getting cool enough to wear a jacket and carry my Glock 20 again. the lazer makes for a very fun range toy when I'm not carrying.

Attachments

• old2new.jpg
    old2new.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 73

Peter M. Eick

I reload also, so I swapped the glock barrel for a KKM 6" with a comp. The glock barrel was spliting my brass after about 3 reloads (OUCH!). I put in a wolff spring guide and a 24 lb wolff spring and the rest is stock.

Sure is great with REAL 10mm loads.

Tamara

Moderator Emeritus
G29 Owner, Here...

Have shot 1000's of rounds of 10mm through it on the stock spring with nary a hiccup.

Added Agrip from Brooks Tactical, night sights from Meprolight and a factory extended slide release. Love it! :D