Glock 20 ...... Good deal?

cornbush

Been a while since I've posted anything on here. I recently traded some plumbing work for a "package" just wondered what others thought. I traded what I estimated at about $800 worth of work for.......

A glock gen 2 model 20
4 - 15 round mags (3 unopened in the package)
4 - 10 round mags
A lone wolf 40 S&W conversion barrel
An EFK firedragon 6" ported 10mm barrel
A Bianchi flap holster
A kydex paddle holster
2 bianchi mag pouches
2 complete extra recoil spring/ guide rod assemblies

500 rounds of full power factory ammo ( not the neutered FBI stuff)
I also got the original mag release, slide release, factory sights, a set of peep sights and disconnector.
Already installed are meprolight night sights, 3.5lb ghost trigger disconnector, extended mag release, extended slide release and a stainless guide rod/ recoil spring ( captured)

Darker Loaf

For me, that deal would be worth it. Since I'd end up buying a lot of those things, the magazines, extra barrels, parts, and ammo would be worth it to me for $800. I'd say that you did quite well.

DanTSX

There are no Gen 2 Glock 20's. It is likely a Gen 3.

It's a solid deal. If my employer paid in guns, I'd be happy working a few days for that bundle.

cornbush

I say gen2 because there are no finger grooves on the grip, and it was only about three hours worth of work.

stagpanther

Sounds like a good deal to me--I built my 20 around the same components. I'm guessing your springs (and rods?) are different lbs designed to handle recoil for different ammo. I reload my ammo but occasionally buy off-the-shelf full-power stuff. One thing I've learned to do--especially with the EFK barrel--is to "drop test" ammo before shooting making sure it headspaces properly and slides out. Not a problem with the stock Glock barrel--but it's questionable with full-power lead-cast loads due to polygonal rifling.

Skeets

Member in memoriam
Congrats on the Glock20 and one great trade! Plus you can relive the deal every time you use the G20.Well done! :D

45_auto

There are no Gen 2 Glock 20's. It is likely a Gen 3.

What do you believe is the difference between a Gen 2 and a Gen 3 Glock 20?

I thought the Gen 3's came out in 1997 with the finger grooves and accessory rail under the barrel.

My G20 purchased in 1991 has a smooth grip and no accessory rail, just like the Gen2 in the pic here:

Attachments

• glockframesv1q10-41.jpg
    glockframesv1q10-41.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 30

dyl

Wow. Great deal.

Aftermarket barrel x2 = roughly worth 200.
2 holsters roughly = 75-100
4 extra mags roughly $80
2 mag pouches = at least $50
Bottom dollar used glock at least $300

And then the whole pile of ammo and accessories. Ask if he needs more stuff done, and let him know you *really* like guns.

bedbugbilly

The last time I hired a plumber . . . I didn't want to trade a handgun for the work . . when I got the bill, I wanted to use it on him! :D:eek:

Just kidding . . . sounds like you got a nice "package" - enjoy! :)

Big Shrek

I know, right? I had a Gen 2 G20 long before I got my current G20SF.

bat-emo.png

Last edited: