Glock 19 RTF2 review with pics :)

well i went and did it. traded my 3rd gen glock 19 for the 3rd gen glock 19 rtf2. :D

i like it better. the texture on the handle allows for a non slip grip for faster and more accurate followup shots. i have fired 500 rounds so far, 100 rounds each range session, and the texture is great. no discomfort whatsoever. (also no malfunctions in 500 rounds either, typical glock :D)

something else i noticed, the rtf2 grip is slightly smaller all around than my other g19. good for me, as i have small hands.

the curved slide serrations, although a little odd looking on the glock, are in fact deeper and therefore easier to grasp for me despite glock's slick finish.

i had my local glock armorer put in a 3.5lb Scherer connector, which actually brings the pul down to about 4lbs. this is a great improvement to the glock trigger pull for me and would not buy another glock without adding one. this new connector makes the trigger break only slightly less defined, but reset is the same. it's a trade off--you get a much lighter pull, with a still acceptably perceivable trigger break, though not as perceivable as the original connector.

Pic4145015.jpg

Pic4145020.jpg

here's 25 rounds at 10 yards, two hand hold:
Pic4145032.jpg

and here's 25 rounds at 15 yards, two hand hold:
Pic4145029.jpg

hoytinak

I put a G19 RTF2 on order last Monday . Hopefully I'll have it soon, though none of my dealer's normal distributors had one in stock so he's having to look else where for me.

I put a G19 RTF2 on order last Monday . Hopefully I'll have it soon, though none of my dealer's normal distributors had one in stock so he's having to look else where for me.

there's a couple locals nearby me that have plenty in stock. if you want you can pm for their websites :)

hoytinak

there's a couple locals nearby me that have plenty in stock. if you want you can pm for their websites

Thanks but my small local shop got me a good deal on one, I'm not really in a hurry for it and besides I've already paid for it. Just got back from his shop this morning and he still hasn't found one for me yet though. :(

Thanks but my small local shop got me a good deal on one, I'm not really in a hurry for it and besides I've already paid for it. Just got back from his shop this morning and he still hasn't found one for me yet though.

no prob,my friend. better hurry though, looks like glock is discontinuing the curved serrations in 2010. doesn't make sense to me as they are deeper and therefore grippier for me :)

IdahoG36

Sweet!! I have a GLOCK 22 RTF2, and I want to get a 23 RTF2 now as well. I really like the grip texture myself, and the cocking serrations are much better than the straight cut type on previous GLOCKs IMO.

nolaOE800

I have a G22RTF2 as well and it's actually my first handgun. I love it. its really a shame to see so many Glock fans hating on the RTF and other recent improvements.

the main thing that I don't understand is the guys talking about how the RTF "hurts their hands" after "X" amount of rounds.... seriously???

"hurts your hands"??????

you're shooting a GUN!! not using a sewing machine!

pacerdude

I had no idea the grip was slimmer/smaller on the RTF2 Glocks. I cannot wait until I have the money to get a Glock19, and a revolver! Congratulations!