Glock 19 or 29

enfwago

Question for anybody who may have an opinion...I am looking for some suggestions on which Glock to get for concealed carry...Glock 19 or Glock 29? I have heard nothing but good things as far as the Glock 19 is concerned, but not really anything for the Glock 29. I realize that the 29 is just a smaller version of the 19, but just wanted to know what everyone else's opinion was on the two. I am sure that any input would be helpful. Thx

Liquid

well i think you mean glock 26. if that is the case i was in your position a few months ago between the 19 and 26. i went with the 26 i had shot a 19 a few years ago but dont really remember it. the 26 is nice a small but a little fat, but i dont have any regrets. but if you intend on putting a grip extender on it the length come out to about the same of the 19.
james

enfwago

My bad, I meant the 26...Just a case of the late night typo's I guess. I was leaning towards the 30, but have heard cases of them "blowing up"...any truth to this. So, I guess the question is now, Glock 19, 26, or 30?

kogatana

Glock 19 or 29
Yes.

"...the 29 is just a smaller version of the 19"
Not exactly.

In my experience...

The 29 is a different 'animal.' It recoils harshly and is an advanced shooter's weapon. Train and work with the 19 first. If you like the feel of the 19, be prepared for a rude awakening with the 29. The 20, the 'full-sized' version of the 29, is not as harsh even with the 180-grain Norma from years ago. I don't workout with the .41 Magnum anymore; same goes for the Glock 29.

Rob96

Hows it going down there Brian? I would definetly give the nod to the G19. In my opinion it fits the role just right, not to big and not to small. One of only a few guns that serves CCW and dity pistol so well. Never will I part with my G19. Also, just to let you know, your pal Smitty will be coming home here to PA sometime soon to get his G19. You will be more than pleased with the G19 over the KelTec.

enfwago

Hey Rob, it is going good. I am going to the suncoast gun show today and going to pick me up a glock...Just trying to figure out which one. I think I am going to end up going with the 19. I talked to Alton last night and he sold me on it.

enfwago

Rob, You got any new guns lately? Did Smitty tell you he sold his other one for $500? How are things going for you in PA? Its nice to hear from you again...Later

7th Fleet

Get the Glock 19 it's the perfect size and just as accurate as the 17 and get night sights on it if you can.

7th

Rob96

Yah, Brian, my brother told me he sold his other one. Said he couldn't turn down the price that he was offered. Also sold his Springfield 1911, which he was supposed to give me first crack at if he ever decided to get rid of it. So he got a good scolding from his older brother. :)

enfwago

Rob, he sold you out...how could he do that? I bought the Glock 19 for $489.00 (brand new) at the gunshow today. :) My buddy bought a Springfield XD 9mm...have you heard anything about this gun. I think it is same thing as the HS2000?? Just wanted to know if anybody heard anything good or bad about it.

Rob96

The SA XD-0 is the same pistol as the HS2000. Supposed to be a pretty good gun, haven't seen any around here myself. Glocks and 1911's rule the roost in this area. Springfield has improved the extractor on the gun, so it should be better than when it was the HS2000. Yeah , Al, sold me out, totally forgot about the person that got him started in all of this. But hey, I still love him, after all he is my little brother.