Glock 19 G4 prices up $40 at buds overnight

TennJed

I decided to use the panic buying as an excuse to do something I have been wanting to do for years, buy a Glock. Put a Gen 4 Glock 19 on layaway last night. Placed the order around 2:00 am CST for $580. I just checked Buds and they have raised the price on the G4 19s to $619.

I almost went to sleep "thinking about it" but decided to go ahead and reserve it. Some of the other pistols I have been watching the last few days or slowing selling out from their website. (CZ P07, M&P FS 9mm, Ruger SR9 for example)

Anyway I am glad I got it when I did.

Dead

That is not the only item that has "gone up", some of the prices are insane from what they were 'before'...

JustinBiscuit

This is where I start taking notes, such to avoid these companies in the future.

In the last week I have ordered from the below. They are great companies and will continue to do business with.

1. Sportsmans outdoor superstore - M1a Socom - 1459.00.
2. Grabagun - CZ SP01 - 581.00
3. Midway USA 30 Rd Pmags - $11.95 - 12.95
4. Brownells - Stripped lowers - $95

My **** list contains Cheaper then dirt and maybe Buds. (jury still out on Buds)

mes228

Gouging?

What some perceive as price gouging has another side. Every Gun Dealer I know has a very limited supply of guns and accessories "on hand". All have been notified that they can receive no more of pretty much anything until some "hazy" future time in 2013. All have been put on waiting list to be filled at the discretion of their suppliers. If they wish to remain in business and not layoff/fire their employees, and pay their bills. They must make the limited inventory available garner enough cash flow to remain viable. Perhaps for even a couple months. Most of these Dealers do gun shows weekly. All are sweating inventory to cover the shows that are coming up. We also work Gun Shows but do not sell firearms. I've spoken with several Dealers in this bind in the last couple of weeks.

As an aside I think there may be several areas of our lives that could experience just as "explosive" price increases. Not trying to be overly into "conspiracy theory". However it appears to me that unintentional consequences of actions and market manipulation (especially Commex gold/silver) are "possible". As an example I've read articles suggesting that milk will go to $8 per gallon if we go over the Fiscal Cliff as the Milk Subsidies will be automatically stopped (see ZeroHedge). This is just one example. Not much we can do though.

Last edited:

shogan191

The last thing I'm worried about is the price of guns. It doesn't much matter what price they put on them if they are out of stock. Have you even clicked on any of the pistols at SportsmansOutdoorSuperstore?

They are all gone..... Instead of looking at the price, Click on it and you'll see.

I certainly don't consider it price gouging. How about GunBroker? The prices being bid are even more outrageous than the prices being asked at retail.

One of the shop owners I know here was able to order 12 Colt AR's of various models. They came in Thursday night late after hours. He sold out Friday and no one had a problem with him asking prices that were well over suggest list. One customer wanted them all, another wanted 7. He limited them to 2 each and sold out in absolutely no time. It was like Black Friday at Walmart. I just get tickled reading people talking about price gouging. If you owned a gun store and couldn't get any more guns to sell, what would you do? Sell short, close the door and starve to death for the next month? How would the wife and kids feel about that?

Last edited:

sigarms228

Suppy and demand.

Now supply is very short and gun stores most likely can not get quantity dicounts until some normalcy restruns so they adjust their retail prices accordingly.

A few weeks ago the LGS around here were loaded with black rifles and had been for some time and had attractive prices on them to move some inventory. Well that all changed.

TennJed

I understand it. These companies are selling hand over fist right now, but soon they will be selling less than usual. Once the panic stops people will be broke and their inventory will be little. They probably need to pad the bankroll now to prepare for the lean times ahead

CraigJS

It's called supply and demand. That's what is driving the prices. Also maybe a bit of not wanting to get stuck with inventory they can't sell should the knee jerkers start banning stuff..(on hand inventory)
As always "vote" with your feet. If you don't like the gouging tell them, then go somewhere else. (most likely get gouged there also.)

tgreening

It's not the stores fault, not in this case. If you're looking to blame you can place that on people who are panic buying and willing to pay just about anything, regardless of whether that fear is justified or not.

Right not it's operating much like our stock market, which is mostly fear driven over what might happen and rarely over what IS happening.