Glock 19 Factory hole in front grip

loc123

Hello,

First post.

I have an older model 19 that has the curve shaped hole at the bottom of the grip. This kinda pinchs your finger when shooting. Is there an aftermarket base plate or an other solution to filling this hole in the grip?

I have been using a hogue rubber sleeve but dont like the feel of the rubber grip.

Chesster

Welcome to the forum. The sleeve is about the only solution I can thing of without actually modifying the grip frame by removing material. You may need a larger frame like the Model 17. I prefer the 19 second gen guns as the third gen with the finger grooves cramp my fingers.

JohnKSa

Administrator
Trim it carefully with a sharp knife. Usually you can take off the sharp edges and make it more comfortable. Go slowly--it's hard to put material back on. ;)

loc123

I'm finding that Pearce makes two options. A bottom magazine plate that has a piece of polymer to fill in the half moon as well as a bottom magazine plate that has the same as well as extends the grip a bit. I ordered just the flat one that fills in the half moon to see what it is like.

DBAR

The only problem with the Pearce solution is that you may end up pinching your pinky every time to slam in a new magazine. Other than that, it's your only real solution unless you want to put a bicycle tire inner tube around your grip.