Glock 18 Rocking

gmarr

People like that are what's giving the Shooting Sports a bad name. It's not even a G18, it's an illegal modification to a G17. Somebody once said that 'stupidity should be painfull', case in point.

Hkmp5sd

It is not necessarily illegal. Could be a legally converted Glock 17 Dealer Sample or a LEO/Gov. conversion.

FLA2760

Man I hit some kind of nerve with this. :eek: Lighten up it's a cool video. Says alot for the Glock's reliability too. :D

281 Quad Cam

Just because it would be illegal for you (yes, I'm talking to you) to own it doesn't mean that this man is breaking any laws.

And no, its not an 18. I wonder how hot that thing was.

parrothead

Anyone else notice that after the drum was emptied the slide didn't lock back? I wonder if it's the magazine's design, or if there was a round in the chamber?

Hornett

C'mon people.
The end of the video says it's in Knob Creek, Ky 2006.
The biggest full auto gathering in the country.
People come from all over to shoot, talk about, and trade full auto weapons.
I don't think you could bring something in illegal without getting caught and thrown in jail.

For my own information...
Why is everyone so convinced that it is a converted G17?
There are some G18's in the US aren't there?
I am pretty sure the LE has access to them.

Finger

One of my fellow co-workers had one of these in Haiti in 2003. He also had the attachable stock. Shot surprisingly accurate and I never saw it malfunction.

Not very practical, but fun. :cool:

S/F
Finger

Hornett

Quote:
Why is everyone so convinced that it is a converted G17?
Because of the slide cover plate.
Do you have pictures or something.
I am not trying to be annoying.:D
I just don't know the differences.
I thought besides the selector lever, there were no external differences from a G17.

ATW525

If you look closely at the video you can see the aftermarket selector sticking out the back of the slide. The conversion uses a replacement slide cover plate that contains the fire selector. A Glock 18 doesn't have the funny looking thing sticking out the back of the slide because the fire selector is on the side of the slide itself.

JohnKSa

Administrator
It's not even a G18, it's an illegal modification to a G17.
While it is clearly a modified G17, it's not necessarily illegal. I'm not an NFA expert so I don't know all the ins and outs, but it is possible to do this sort of thing legally. I believe it requires forming a corporation and acquiring a manufacturing license--or something like that...

dwatts47

It can be done legally, must have a law enforcement letter showing that it will be used by the department and will never be for sale, trade or transfer.

And since we're at it.... Here's another converted 17... in hands that (reasonably) look to know what to do with it.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...00&start=10&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=7

and here's an authentic Glock 18. the default language is very not english though.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...299&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=1

FS2K

C-Mags don't have followers to actuate the slide stop

Anyone else notice that after the drum was emptied the slide didn't lock back? I wonder if it's the magazine's design, or if there was a round in the chamber?

C-Mags aren't constructed like regular magazines and have no followers, instead there are 4-5 dummy roundsin place to get things started.

bluecanary25

dwatts47, liked the link for the G18. FYI the language is Japanese.
All the full auto vids were interesting. If I get the chance, would like to shoot a few bursts........