Glock 17

Wyatt Earp

I love my Glock 17 and have yet to find anything I don't like about it. I carry mine and have had zero issues with it being a full size pistol, everyone told me to get the Glock 19.

Jermtheory

pro's?

its very reliable and tough...reasonably priced...lotsa of parts/accessories.

cons?

everything else(trigger,accuracy,...everything) is adequate,but nothing spectacular.

the 19 is better for CC,but i shoot the 17 better.

evan1293

The trigger is actually not bad once you get used to it. It has a short reset for fast follow-up shots.

Great capacity, light weight, reliable, rugged, simple to operate, simple in design, etc,etc,etc.

I carry a glock 22 but I shoot my 17s the most.

BanditSRT8

Pro: Close to perfection. Light, easy to manage, high capacity, accurate, inexpensive.

Cons: Too big for CCW, get a Glock 19.

Glock 19 is pretty much the standard nowadays for a compact 9mm. Not saying it is the Holy Grail, or the ONLY choice, but rather the bar most people compare other guns against.

crazy eyes

THE PROS:
price-performance ratio is among the best
ultra-reliable
fairly accurate
simple design (no mucking with safety levers or anything)
safe
very light
very solid
high-capacity magazine (17)
nearly indestructible
the most widely used combat handgun in the world says

THE CONS:
sights
throws brass in your face
grip could be better

overall is an awesome gun, i love mine, so much so that i will buy another glock soon

FDChief

Pro's for me:

Great value
Very reliable (eats everything I feed it)
Good for home defense and range shooting
Unlimited accessories

Con's for me:

Too big for CCW!

Alleykat

Pros: All of the above-mentioned, plus, the trigger pull is easily fixed by the owner, with the installation of a $12 connector.

The G17 won't throw brass in your face, if you're using full-power ammo and/or using a proper grip and stance.

Philo_Beddoe

Multiply registered, multiply banned troll.
I checked out the 19 & 17 and the 17 fit my hand better and since I just wanted it for home defense/practice, I bought the 17.

Officer's Match

I like Glocks very much...my only wish is that they would make an optional version of their pistols that had a backstrap piece exactly like the M&P line. I know some will spout "more parts to fail", but I for one would like to endure that risk. The Crimson Trace application for the M&P is simply brilliant.

Edit: I'd like to add that the removable "tool" ala the M&P could be engineered to be a Glock armorer's tool.

allenomics

If you plan to carry Glock concealed, get a G19. The G17 is excellent and a has a longer barrel for slightly better accuracy, but it's bigger.

HighValleyRanch

1st generation glock 17!

I have a 1st gen glock 17, 2nd gen glock 19 and 3rd gen glock 26.

I would have to say that my favorite is definitely the 1st gen model 17.
The smooth grips make the gun feel so thin and good in my hands, I love shooting the thing.
I like the 2nd gen without the grooves, but now after shooting the 17 don't like the checkering as much.
The grooves are OK on the small 26, but I am really tempted to do one of those grip mods with a smooth like 1st gen treatment!

My vote is to look for a nice used early 1st gen model 17. If I could carry that gun, it would be my choice for all around, but it prints too much on me.

PROS
* Shoots forever.
* Accurate
* Ergonomic
* Minimal recoil
* relatively cheap to feed it ammo
* its reliable to the point of boredom

CONS
* Honestly I cant think of any. Mabey its a little bit too large to CC.??

115scott

I had a Glock 17 but wanted more of a CC gun so I sold it and bought a 19, and liked it so I bought a 23, and now I have my sights on a 26.

Richard

When this didn't work during a shooting session:

CustomColt9mm.jpg

This did:
glock17iii-1.jpg

Regards,

Richard:)