Glock 17 Range Report

Tom B

Made a quick visit to the range yesterday with the early second gen G17 I picked up last week. Put about 130rds of S&B and Ga Arms 115gr FMJ range ammo thru it and the NDF high cap mag that came with it. I did replace the recoil rod/spring with a new stock assm I had in my parts box but everything else appears to be original. Accuracy was good and reliability was 100%. I didn't measure groups. The outside appearance of this Glock would indicate that it hasn't been fired too much but the barrel feedramp has a series of horizontal grooves worn in it. So outside appearances may be deceiving. I used my dremel on the ramp earlier but didn't want to remove much metal. As I said the grooves didn't affect reliability at least using the FMJ ammo. I may look at the purchase of a used factory barrel just for piece of mind. Anyway to sum it up it appears to be another rock solid Glock which is aged but downright boring with reliability.

Tom B

John -

You are correct. Upon further examination it is machining marks as I can see them on other parts of the barrel as well. I have never seen a Glock barrel with these type marks this bad before.