Glock 17 Gen 3 vs. Glock 19 Gen 4

BarkeyVA

Saw two used 9mm Glocks today, a 17 Gen 3 and 19 Gen 4. Both in excellent condition. Both priced at $430 plus tax and $2.00 fee. Wwhat do you think about the price and which would you consider the better value?

Creeper

Price being common... You gonna carry it? Which one feels better in your hand? Which one do you point better with? Those would be my deciders.

Cheers,
C

I recently won an auction on gunbroker for a NIB Glock 17 3rd Gen for $425 + shipping. I don't have any experience with the 4th gen Glocks, so I can't give any opinions on those. I do know I got a great deal on an excellent weapon.

ALERT!! ALERT!! I am a bias, dedicated, fanatic, radicallist, GLOCK shooter. I have shot all models and love all the models. Favoring the 9mm's. :D

But I will tell you this sir, I have never, in all my years of shooting GLOCKS, experienced soo many malfunctions, than I did with a Gen 4 Glock 17. After 2 weeks of trying everything!!! I returned it, and lost a third of the money I had bought it with.

Yes, it was that dissapointing. (Dang Recoil Spring):mad:

But I will tell you this sir, I have never, in all my years of shooting GLOCKS, experienced soo many malfunctions, than I did with a Gen 4 Glock 17. After 2 weeks of trying everything!!! I returned it, and lost a third of the money I had bought it with.

Yes, it was that dissapointing. (Dang Recoil Spring)

This is not the first time I've heard of issues with the 4th gens. Also, for being so much more money than a 3rd gen, the novelty of removable backstrap, different grip will, I'm afraid, wear off. In answering the OP question, the smart buy would be the 3rd gen Glock 17, IMO.

Venom1956

Yes, it was that dissapointing. (Dang Recoil Spring)

Lol. I can vouch for that. I was there, GMW was not a happy camper that day on the range...

farmerboy

If it was the recoil spring, why didn't you just contact them and they would have sent you a new one free of charge or you have to pay shipping to ship your gun to them and they'll replace it , shoot it and send it back. Not nearly as good as S & Ws warranty where they'll pay all shipping both ways. Glock did however after I gripped at them and stated they weren't as good as S&Ws warranty said theyd send me a call slip so my shipping to them was free. But I did not want to ship my Glock anywhere. I changed the recoil spring. Most accurate handgun I ever saw.