Glock 17 Gen 2

Dan-O

I love the gen 2’s. I converted a gen 2 detroit pd 22 to 9mm a few years ago. Swapped out extractor, and ejector. It’s an absolute work horse.

Rangers13

They are definitely work horses and last. I’m going to grab one from the site. I have a 19 and a 23. Still like the Gen 2 better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CDR_Glock

I bought a Gen 2 Glock 22 and use a threaded barrel for shooting suppressed.

I like the design. It’s a great range gun.
3b6a0592aa38fb0fb57ec96c0b2c8e4a.jpg
7dac3185d1a40c3c7784e69969ff2712.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

nanney1

Just purchased a Gen 5 17 and I really like it a lot. Been thinking about picking up a used G17. Any reason to pick up a Gen 2 over Gen 3 or 4?

Skans

I have a Glock 17 Gen2 (2-pin) 9mm that I've owned since the early 1990's. While it's not the most accurate 9mm I own, it is a workhorse. The only thing that's ever worn out on the gun are the original 29 year old tritium sights. I've never gotten around to replacing them.

Ed4032

For less money you can get a brand new S&W M&P 9mm. I would pass on this unless you just want to drink the kool aide.

ThomasT

I have asked the same question here before. Whats the best generation Glock? And the answer I got was there are no bad generation guns. Just small changes mostly cosmetic. And I have seen better prices on the model 17's on GB and thats because I have been looking at getting a model 17.

But I have been focused on the gen3. I like the features on that gun. My bud bought a 17 just as soon as Glock started selling them. 1st generation. Its as good now as it was when he first got it. And its like new. I doubt he has 500 rounds through it. You would never convince him the newer gun are any better than what he has now.

TunnelRat

No offense to your bud, but at 500 rds in the lifetime of the pistol he could have used practically any pistol and felt the same way.

I don't know that one generation of Glock is magically the best. I don't know if Glock itself is magically the best. They do seem to be generally good firearms. If the differences don't matter to someone, that person should look for the best deal out there.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Guess the Koolaide is made different on the s&w side... everyone talks about Glock koolaide then inserts their own favorite brand/model as if they are spewing that brands “koolaide”. So close to the hypocrisy they can’t even see it...

ThomasT

No offense to your bud, but at 500 rds in the lifetime of the pistol he could have used practically any pistol and felt the same way.

Well my friend doesn't take his Glock out every day and shoot it. He could, he lives way out in the country on a large piece of land and thats where we do all our shooting. He just doesn't shoot that much and when he does he shoots his Browning Buck Mark or old H&R 999. But he loves that Glock. And my point was there is no such thing as a bad generation of Glocks. All are good.

But now my friend spends most of his days out at the airport working on his home built airplane (A Falco) that consumed 13 years of his life to build. Nice plane but he is married to it now. At least it seems that way.:mad:

FAS1

Just purchased a Gen 5 17 and I really like it a lot. Been thinking about picking up a used G17. Any reason to pick up a Gen 2 over Gen 3 or 4?

My Gen2 was purchased new and has been flawless over all these years. It is still my HD weapon.

If you plan on adding a light the Gen2 does not have a rail.