Glock 17 feeding issue UPDATE

zackgee

So i now have a new issue. When detail stripping my glock i have found another issue. Part of the issue i was having was that the slide would not go into battery until the trigger was completely released and i think i may have found the issue. The pics below are of the safety plunger where the plating has actually come off. The edges physically catch on my skin very hard so i believe this might be causing my rough take up and the other issue mentioned above... what do you guys think? this is after not even 500 rounds, has anyone else had this issue?

xl5pw4W.jpg

LZBUst2.jpg

JohnKSa

Administrator
That could cause rough takeup. If the plating damage on the side jams the firing pin safety, making it hard to depress, then it might also cause the slide to catch as it returns to battery.

Assemble the slide without the firing pin safety installed and see if the problem is still there. You'll have to leave out the extractor and EDP/EDP spring and bearing as well.

If the problem is solved, then that's probably what was causing it.

Glock will likely replace your firing pin safety. It shouldn't have flaked like that. It looks like a defective part.