Glcok 20 vs 20SF help needed

kgpcr

I am going to buy a Glock 20 and am debating on getting a 20SF. How much smaller is the 20SF vs the regular Glock 20? How much smaller does it feel? My dealer has a 20 but not an SF.

Cemo

It really depends on how big of a hand that you have. I am 6'3", so I have fairly long fingers. I have both the 20 and the SF. The 20 is a good handful, but not difficult to shoot and control, for me, grip wise. The SF does fit a little nicer though. If you are getting a bargain on a used 20 and it fits then go for it. Otherwise, I would have your FFL order you a 20SF. My wife and daughter shoot the SF without difficulties, so you might want to consider who would be shooting it besides yourself. The 10mm is a wonderful cartridge.

Southside830

I think the actual difference between the two is 3mm in width. That being said I have a 21sf and a 30 and the sf fits my hand a little better. The 30 is about the biggest I can go grip wise. The small difference let's me get the perfect grip on the 21sf. If you have large hands its a mute point. I have large hands myself and the 30 is as big as I can go. If you have smallish hands the sf still might not feel comfortable. I think that's why you either love or hate glocks especially in the larger calibers. Some peoples hands are just too small to grip the firearm properly. The Glock 19 on the other hand fits most people just fine.

Uncle Malice

Get the Gen4. Much more comfortable than the Gen3 or Gen3 SF. I think by specs, the SH and Gen4 are supposed to be the same size, but they don't feel like it in the hand. The texture on the gen4 really locks the gun into your hand and feels much better. I have both the gen4 20 and 21... in the past i owned both the gen3 21 and gen3 sf 21.... always ended up selling them because of the large grip and inadequate traction I got on them. The Gen4 G21 has become my favorite glock to date.... followed closely by the gen4 19 and 20.