Giving Colt credit that is due!

hickok45

Most of us are quick to make it known when a company provides terrible service or a bad product.

I have to give credit where credit is due; Colt got my recalled 1911 (1918 WWI model) back to me in just a few days!

I dropped it off at FedEx Monday morning of this week (10:00 am). It arrived yesterday (Friday) at about 2:00 in the afternoon at my house. A pleasant surprise. I figure they received the gun Wednesday, did the fitting of the replacement thumb safety the same day and put it back in the mail that afternoon in order for me to get it Friday.

Well done, Colt! Great gun and I'm happy to have it back in my grubby little gunpowder-stained hands!

Hickok45

gun nut

Its nice to hear about good customer service from one of the major arms manufacturers. Glad you had such good results.

runner55

Excellent Recall Service From Colt's

I sent my 01911 A1 (black oxide) in for the recall in a Beretta pistol case, because it's padded and the pistol fit securely. Expected Colt's to run over it in their parking lot but my pistol was returned, in the Beretta case, five days from my shipping it and in flawless condition. It's not psychologically easy to send these things off but I have to give Colt's credit for doing an excellent job.

Last edited: