IMAG0152.jpg

IMAG0149.jpg

IMAG0166.jpg

IMAG0172.jpg

IMAG0205.jpg

The Reality

IMAG0155.jpg

indy1919

mucho thanks for posting, nice photos. Very nice uniforms, did not know they had color photos back in the 1770s thought it was all black & white back then :)

indy1919

Well I have to be honest here that darn Black & white photo has a classy look to it. It almost looks real.. The color shots were beautiful and vibrant, But I guess old photos do not look "real" till they are in Black & White.. I even like the slight blur on the soldiers who are setting on the rock wall, ads a level of realism..

mykeal

The 'black and white' version looks authentic because it isn't really black and white. It's actually a brown tone sepia image like the early silver plate negatives produced. Subtle but important difference. And easy to do with today's software - Photoshop is your friend.

Doc Hoy

I haven't commented on this yet....

....because every time I look at the two posts, the tears well up and soak my keyboard.

:eek:

orangello

Beautiful!

I gotta wonder if there is a tiny piece of felt in the contact points where they have those fine longarms leaned up against each other. I would have to have something; those are some fine longarms.