Give me .22 choices

zpo

Thin and light weight. I have a Ruger MkII and love it, but for fishing and walking around would like to lighten the weight. Close range accuracy is needed, longer would be nice, but can sacrifice for size and weight. Cheap mags would be nice too. I don't want blowback actions, got Pheonix hpa .22's, and there loud, ears can't take it. So I guess 6 to 8 inch bbl would be needed also. Thanks for any suggestions.

Majic

You are not going to find many if any locked breeched .22lr pistol actions. The cartridge just doesn't generate enough power to need one. Good luck in your search as I can't think of nothing to fit what you are asking for.

BTW....even a 8 inch barreled handgun will still be relatively loud unless you use a load like the CB-caps.

OrangeSkies

Have you looked at the Browning Buck Mark line of .22s? I picked up a sweet little Buck Mark "Camper" for $239 (brand new) last summer. What a straight shooter! This gun shoots FAR STRAIGHTER than I do! It actually makes me look good!

The weight is about the same as your Mark II - 2 lbs. 2 ozs. (34 ozs.) A drawback (for me) was what seems like a high price for spare mags. Browning sells them for around $24 apiece, but you can occasionally find them lower priced at gun shows, etc.

For the cost, the Buck Mark Camper is hard to beat! And it's so much fun to shoot! The stock bull-barrel makes for some long range sessions, too!

Browning has about 8 or 9 variations of the Buck Marks; the Camper is the lowest priced.

http://www.browning.com/products/catalog/firearms/detail.asp?value=006B&cat_id=051&type_id=353

Dwight55

Orangeskies has the right idea. My son and I own a Browning with a 12 inch bull barrel, target model. He wanted a "fishing" gun so he bought the little slab side Browning (barrel is flat on the sides) for $250 or so. It has a beautiful trigger, positive safety, and shoots almost as good as its big brother we own. Of all the .22's I've owned in 45 years of shooting, Browning is the choice for everything.
May God bless,
Dwight

Penman

The Kimber .22 conversion unit for the 1911 is made with an aluminum slide. Mount it on an aluminum frame and you'll be in nice shape. Or, look for a S&W M34 kit gun, 4" barrel. I think they even made it as an airweight.

corruptone

What about the Beretta Neos? Polymer based, lightweight, mags can be bought for $15, modular design, fairly accurate, integrated weaver rail, inexpensive. I just bought a Neos 6.0 DXL last week and I really like it. The only thing that I feel could be improved from the factory is the trigger. Mine was at 6.5lbs from the factory, but within about an hour I had it down to 2.5-3lbs.

fyrestarter

Who goes fishing with a .22? Don't they make those rod and reel setups anymore? :)

Don't like blowback actions? Go get yourself a Mini .22 Revolver from Casull Arms. It's weird looking, but it's cool....or if you're a traditionalist, go get yourself a Ruger Single Six.