Girsan 14T tipup imported by EAA

bedbugbilly

Appreciate your post as I wasn't aware of that pistol. I normally carry a 9mm, but do carry a Smith 380 EZ once in a while - also have a Beretta in 380 - reload the 380 and like it for range and plinking. I bought the 380 EZ for the same reason many folks like them - I'm old and the hands aren't like they used to be. I watched the link and like the design of the 14T tip up. If I can locate one, I have a feeling one will be joining the herd.

melvinking

Girsan MC14T

I haven't located one at any where near me. I thought it might be nice for . the wife.In this area Girsan has a good rep. but I woyld like to know more about is pistol.

Pahoo

Saves on the polish !!!!

I thought it might be nice for the wife.
In a current gun magazine, there is an add for this Tip-up Girsan and the lady holding the firearm, has newly applied fingernail polish. .... ;)

Be Safe !!!!

JohnKSa

Administrator
I can't speak to quality issues, since I haven't handled one, but as far as the basic design, one could argue it's an improvement on the 86. The 86 tip-up was only available with a single-stack magazine and didn't have a rail.

seanc

Cute. The guy thanks Callaway for sending him a box of .380 ammo -- as he displays a box of 115-grain 9mm.

He states that he "chucked the box" at the range as he did for the other 380 ammo he tested the gun with.

FunGramps

If I wasn't skeptical about weapons made in Turkey, I'd jump on this one. I haven't experienced owning a Turk yet, and don't know anyone close who has.
Although a single-stack, I'd rather own the Beretta 86 any day.

Scorpion8

I've read good and bad reviews, and being a big fan of the .380 I have been interested. But I have too many .380's right now, a terrible position.... :)

Vicnchan

Hey, this may be the answer to my injured wrist issue. A tip up would help a lot and a heavy recoil spring should help tame the recoil impulse!

JohnKSa

Administrator
The tipup is a great option for low hand strength from a loading standpoint. Recoil will not be as light as you might expect in this gun because it is a blowback design. It's not bad, especially if the grip fits your hand well. I'm basing this on having shot the Beretta 86 tipup in .380ACP. I've not had the opportunity to handle the Girsan yet.