Getting Started

Sixer

Hey guys, I've been interested in reloding for a while now. I'd like to get a setup that would allow me to reload .223, 9mm, 40SW, and .30 carbine. I'm trying to figure out exactly what I need to get started. Been looking at various single stage press kits but I really don't know what I should be looking for. As always, I'm on a pretty tight budget and just looking for something decent to get me started. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks:)

Don P

At the top of this forum are STICKY'S. Sticky #4 should answer most of or all of your questions then once read ask away.

rwilson452

After reading the Sticky I suggest your first purchase should be a good reloading manual. some of th emost common suggestions there are the "ABC's of Reloading". Lyman's 49th edition of "Metallic Reloading" and the "Lee's Modern Reloading.

For what your going to be reloading I would suggest a turret press. the Lee Classic Turret for example. it cost a little more than a single stage but I think in the end you will be glad you got it. Every one will have a suggestion as to what to buy but in the end you need to decide what fits your budget best. You can expect to spend at least $200 to get started.

Sixer

Thanks fellas. I missed the STICKY's at the top. Good info there. I actually picked up a copy of the "ABC's of Reloading" from the library a few months back. I just couldn't quite bring myself to read it :eek:

Thanks rwilson452... That's the kind of info I'm looking for.

rwilson452

If your going to reload your going to wind up reading a lot. I mean a LOT. If you don't want to spend a lot of time with your nose in a book, reloading is not for you. Attention to detail is paramount. You need to read to get the details.

Thanks fellas. I missed the STICKY's at the top. Good info there. I actually picked up a copy of the "ABC's of Reloading" from the library a few months back. I just couldn't quite bring myself to read it

Thanks rwilson452... That's the kind of info I'm looking for.

Add:
One other thing, reloading is addictive and there is no known cure.

Sixer

Alright, well I went back to the library and picked up the "ABC's of Reloading" again. I promise to read it this time. Just a fair warning though... I'll be back with lots of questions :)