Getting closer to deciding...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBluesMan

Moderator Emeritus
First of all I'd like to thank everyone here for taking the time to give me advice on a previous post on what type of pistol to buy and how to go about learning more about them. I am a first time pistol buyer and don't know too much about them. I have borrowed a few pistols from a few relatives and I will be trying them out this weekend with my uncle who is very knowledgeable about handguns.

I have:

Ruger - GP100 .357 4" barrel, I'll be shooting .357 and .38 ammo through this one.
Sig P228 - 9mm, This is the one I am most looking forward to shooting, but probably won't buy because of cost.
Ruger Redhawk .44 Mag 7.5" barrel, Just got this one for fun, as a comparison to the others, it's probably too much gun for my needs.
H&K USP .45 - Don't know much about this one.

Anyway, I am interested in hearing any and all comments and suggestions on these pistols. I am mainly going to be using the gun I purchase for informal target shooting and home protection.

Thanks all,

------------------
"Rights are liable to be perverted to wrongs when we are incapable of rightly exercising them." - Sarah Josepha Hale

joegerardi

If it's any help, Jersey City Armory: http://pages.hotbot.com/biz/jcarmory
has a bunch of SIG refurbished P228s coming in. This was the E-mail I got from them:

Sig will soon be releasing about 500 or so Model 228 factory refinished pistol with NIGHT SIGHTS and 1 hi-capacity factory magazine.

We are planning to pick up a large quantity of these and expect them to move quickly.

If interested, reserve one now.

Price: $499.00 SHIPPED

Visa/Mastercard accepted - please add 3%

I love the P228, so I thought I'd pass this along to another afficianado.

Status
Not open for further replies.