Getting a new handgun soon, have a question.

Stainless

I already know that i am going to get a Beretta 92FS Brigadier Inox (long name!), and i would like people to tell me any horror stories so i know what to expect, ore just tell me how awesome yours is. :D

P

PreserveFreedom

Don't have that particular model, but I do love my Beretta. Oh, and welcome to The Firing Line!

rvb

I have a 92G Elite (same beast including the Brig slide, only with decocker only and no safety).

92G+Elite+-+stock.jpg

One problem I have is that ammo isn't free!!!! :)

Buy it and shoot it everyday for the rest of your life, it'll never fail you!
Combine the low-recoiling 9mm with that heavy slide on that big handgun and you have a very controllable, smooth, and very reasonably accurate pistol.
Just today I had mine at the range and shot a 10-round group of about 2.5" @50'. (ok, there were two stragglers out of that group, but it was soooo humid and my glasses kept steaming up! ;))

Welcome to TFL and feel free to visit us at http://www.beretta-forum.com/ and on the mailing list at http://beretta.squawk.com/
Unfortunately the beretta-forum.com has been having server problems lately and may not be accessible.

croyance

I don't have the Brigadier, or an Inox version, mine is the M9 version they had out. The difference is yours is SS with a heavier reinforced slide, mine has a teflon coating.

I have fired thousands of rounds through mine. I have no noticable metal wear yet. Try as I might, I cannot shoot as accurately as my Beretta. There has never been a failure to feed. The only problem that happened was the slide not going into battery, and the fault was mine (limp wristed - it was my first gun, I did stupid things). I avoid abusing my firearms, beyound normal use, but other Berettas I know of have taken abuse and kept working fine. The grip fills my medium sized hands fine, although later models are better sculpted.

Stainless

I'm very aware of the difference between models, but thanx very much. The reason for Brigadier, and the reason for Inox is because i intend to keep the gun for as long as possible, and even after it does finally fail, i plan to keep it, cuz it'll still look nice. I got a pair of Triple-K high cap mags beforehand, will probably have the gun around the winter holidays. I've inspected the mags, and they look good, no flaws, and thats cool. I'm an excellent shot with my 10/22, and very good with a .357 magnum revolver, and pretty fair with my mother's llama .380 (even tho it doesn't quite shoot straight :p). Thanks for telling me about the forums. :D

Lightsped

No horror stories with my 92FS. I have never had a FTF with my 92FS. This gun has also been a very clean shooting gun with no muzzle crud/dirt after going through a box of ammo. It has a very smooth slide as well. Overall, my 92FS, along with my Sig 229, is definately my best gun.

my92fsss.jpg