Getting a handgun transferred

PT111

I have heard of this happening but don't know if it is legal. Suppose I go to another state to buy a handgun from a FFL dealer. I take with me a signed copy of my local dealers FFL. Does the dealer have to ship it back by mail or UPS or FedEx or can he ship it back by me? In other words can I carry it back to my local dealer and let him do the paperwork? Could I fill out the forms before I leave and then just call and give him the info so he can record it in his book.

This would seem to be a way of being able to buy a gun out of state. The differenxe would be that the gun was shipped by private courier rather than USPS or UPS. :D

chris in va

Last time I did an out of state transfer, I had to call up the homestate FFL and have them fax over their license number and other pertinent info to the other FFL. They like to talk over the phone. Then you do all their forms and write a check for the fees.

Once you arrive home, just pick up your gun at the gun shop/FFL. And pay *their* fees too.

hoytinak

I carry a buddies FFL with me every time I go on vacation or on road trips just in case I find something I gotta have. The out of state FFL has to ship it to your FFL.