German guns assembled or produced in the US. Only Sig?

Am quite aware of SIG’s modern production in NH. I owned an M-11 for a short while. Their components also seem to be US-made.

I just read that either Walther or HK (not both) use German-made components, which are assembled in Georgia. Had never seen this comment before about whichever company was described.

Could somebody clarify? Am 64 years old and after just returning from Nuremberg Germany, plan to add a modern G. Polizei handgun to my four Sig P series (‘87-‘01). All were proofed in Kiel, have the “squashed bug”.

PzGren

SIG is the original Swiss manufacturer that was located in Neuhausen. SIG Sauer GmbH is the German company, yet they are not in Kiel but in Eckernfoerde, some 20 miles northwest of Kiel. The proofhouse is in SIG Sauer's basement and is only a subsidiary under the authority of the Eichamt Kiel.

All German manufactured and assembled guns will have the German proof stamp but any SIG Sauer Inc. guns that are imported into Germany will also have that proof stamp that is required by law, since Germany is a member of the CIP countries.

Last edited:

10-96

SSInsider says-
Heckler & Koch is building a 200-worker plant in Columbus, Ga., that may eventually employ 500 to 600.

Wikipedia says-
Walther Arms, Inc. is the United States Walther business unit and is based in Fort Smith, Arkansas.

So, it could be that H&K was what the article you read was about.

TunnelRat

For a short period HK was importing HK45/c barrels and slides and building frames in Newington, NH. One of the marks on the pistol is actually the capitol building for Concord, NH. Not sure if they still do.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Dfariswheel

For a few years, S&W and Walther co-built several auto pistols.
As I recall some parts were made in German, others in the US, and S&W did the assembly and finishing.

Thanks for the info.

PzGren: True, and I already knew about the Sig-Sauer history and proofmarks.
I have a Sauer 38H, which we all know was discontinued because of the Soviet invasion......as staff from the Sauer Fabrik fled west.

That's why I was mostly asking about the other German gun manufacturing cities.