Gen 4 9mm

txray22

Someone at work has a Gen 4 G17 for sale. It's the first Gen 4 with no changing back strap and different slide griping (more of a scale). The price is too high ($550). I doubt it has 500 rounds through it. I have several Gen 3s and love them. Any comments from the members on this deal?

Dirty_Harry

Seems to high to me. If it doesnt have the interchangeable backstraps, I would just look for a new Gen 3. You can find them cheaper than $550.

TailGator

Different locales can see different prices, but that is only about $20 less than NIB with all the backstraps and other gizmos around here. They would have to come off the price quite a bit to get my interest.

SIMP

I must out of the loop......I didn't know anything about these early run Gen 4's with different designs. They had some without the MBS system and different slide serrations?

arizonaopa

missed it by this much

Seems a little high considering the NIB price. If they don't come down, walk away and look for a better deal. I love my Gen 4 and think you can find one for a better price.

TunnelRat

Someone at work has a Gen 4 G17 for sale. It's the first Gen 4 with no changing back strap and different slide griping (more of a scale).

That sounds more like an RTF Gen 3 than a Gen 4...

TailGator

That sounds more like an RTF Gen 3 than a Gen 4...

I was puzzled by the comment about the slide, too, but putting that together with the lack of interchangeable grips, I would bet you are right.