Gemini Customs GP100

MLeake

This is a 3", fixed sight model. Bead blasted; tuned; beveled and chamfered; billboard removed*; moon clip cut; gold bead front sight; Bolivian Rosewood grips.

Shoots great. Comfortable with magnums. Nicer trigger than my K frames have (to my surprise).

IMAGE_32.jpeg

IMAGE_33.jpeg

Edit: * as noted by a couple others, the billboard was not actually removed from this gun. My bust.

Last edited:
That is one gorgeous revolver. Very nice. Inspiring me to fix mine up, seeing as I only have one.

Very very nice. Can you send it to my FFL so I can shoot it for you and give a review? :D

MLeake

If you ever make it up this way, I might let you try it.

As far as grips go, these fit my hand and are comfortable with hot loads, so I will stick with them.

357 Terms

Billboard removed? Am I looking at before pics?

I love the gold bead! I have been thinking about ordering one from Gemini.

MLeake

You gentlemen are correct... I hadn't even noticed, I was so busy shooting and enjoying the gun. On the bright side, I just checked the work order and it seems I didn't get billed for billboard removal, so I think Marc and I just got a wire crossed.

He did remove the billboard from my SP101, so that looks like this:

IMAGE_30.jpeg

I like the gold bead a lot. I have one on one of my 1911s, as well, and thought I would try it on a revolver.

If you ever make it up this way, I might let you try it.

Yeah, couldn't make it up this time. Hopefully next time I will be able to. Missed out..

Really considering later on this year or next year, getting my Model 19-3 refinished.

MLeake

It's funny, as I always preferred - for example - the grip angle of a 1911 or SIG over that of a Glock.

However, I read a few accounts of the grip angle Marc uses on his Rugers helping out a lot with perceived recoil and with follow-up shootability. So, I figured I would try it.

If you had told me my new Rugers would make me start to dislike my S&W K frame grip angle limitations, I would have thought you were nuts, but that is what has happened.

The closest I can get with my S&W revolvers is the angle created by the Tyler T on my Model 18.

So, for those who think they don't like the grips, you really might want to try them before you decide that.