Geissele triggers

Huskerguy

Midway has a Geissele trigger on sale. It is a two stage with the first being 2.5lbs and the second 2lbs.

No real plans for the remainder of the rifle although this will drop into a PSA lower. Shoot dogs and paper with it.

Are they worth the extra bucks? Thanks in advance

kraigwy

I got mine from White Oak when I got my White Oak Service Rifle Upper.

(Sucker cost twice what my lower cost). Its well worth it.

NRA requires the trigger weight be no less then 4 1/2 lbs. and mine makes that weight, you can't tell unless you use trigger weights because it seems much lighter in actual use.

I don't know what Midway Sales price is, but if you want the most out of your AR, its well worth the money.

30Cal

It shines for offhand with the higher lock-speed. There are some other very good options for quite a bit less, though.

tahunua001

the way I've seen them ranked are geisseles are the best ou can get with rock rivers at a not so distant second place. I have a rock river in mine and gets MOA with cheap ammo offhand. for the $50 dollar difference I I really cant see too great of a difference in performance. on the other hand though, I am strictly a plinker and hunter, I dont push those reloads out past 800 yards so I really dont have need of that extra half pound of resistance and 2 milimeters of shortened take up (I dont know the actual specs so forgive me if I offended anyone).

CTS

I went with the JP Enterprizes EZ Trigger because I don't care for a 2 stage trigger. It just doesn't seem natural in a service rifle to me. I basically grew up shooting an M16A1 and they had single stage triggers. So that is what I am comfortable with. I'm sure others have there own preferences but tt seems like a 2 stage trigger belongs on a target rifle, not a service rifle. At any rate, the JP trigger is excellent if you prefer a single stage trigger.

Skadoosh

I would very much like to have an Geissele or a AR-Gold trigger but could never bring myself to drop the dough on them since the Rock River two-stage that I have is pretty nice...

Tim R

I
went with the JP Enterprizes EZ Trigger because I don't care for a 2 stage trigger. It just doesn't seem natural in a service rifle to me. I basically grew up shooting an M16A1 and they had single stage triggers. So that is what I am comfortable with. I'm sure others have there own preferences but tt seems like a 2 stage trigger belongs on a target rifle, not a service rifle. At any rate, the JP trigger is excellent if you prefer a single stage trigger.

A single stage seels funny for those of us who grew up on M-1's and M-14's. I shoot service rifles and a single stage won't cut it. Geissle also makes a single stage trigger for those who need it.

+
1 on th RRA triggers for those on a tight budget, you can't buy a better trigger. Even this model with impress most AR shooters...

I have 2 of these. The RRA is a good 2 stage. The two I have were tuned by White Oak. I had one fail at a match. For some unknown reason I had brought the second trigger as a spare that day. I got the trigger replaced during the next relay and it put me back in the match. I was not going to do very well that day because my sitting score ended up being a big 20 after Alibi's, not the 199 or 198 I can always count on.

I sent the trigger in question back to White Oak and it was repaired no questions. I still use a RRA in my loaner gun but my primary has the Geissle. The other RRA is being loaned out to a new guy and his rifle.

The Geissle is the better trigger. The Geissle is adjustable, the RRA is not. But for what the RRA does it is still has a very good value. I'm not ashame to admit I use the RRA triggers. :D About every one I shoot with has the RRA.

4EVERM-14

Bill Geissele has designed and manufactured an outstanding line of triggers for the AR platform. I am very pleased with the ones I have. They are all high quality, the installation instructions are complete and easy to follow. He is a shooter himself and supports junior shooting programs. Good guy.

ace4059

I love mine. I have the standard two stage on my SBR. Very smooth, light, and all around a perfect trigger. I have never got the gun to fire by slamming the buttstock on the ground. I have seen a few RRA 2 stage triggers fire when you slam the butt on the ground. With teh Geissele trigger, it takes 5 mins or less to install and their is no polishing, smoothing or "final finishes" you have to put on it like some people have to do by buying the cheap other band triggers. It is the perfect trigger out of the box.

With all that said, my next trigger will be the enhanced. I just cant decide if I want the curved or straight trigger for my AR lower w/ Magpul PRS stock and 18" barrel. So for a duty gun, or SD gun the regular Geissele 2 stage trigger is perfect. But for a Bench rest or varmint gun only, I think the enhanced would be better.

wingman

After 5-6 months or research I went with the Geissele SSA-E easy to install very smooth clean break improved my shooting instantly,pricy but well worth the bucks in my opinion. Quality triggers and I'm not concerned with doubling as I would be with a home smithing job.