Gangsta-ized 1911 - Bling, Bling!

rogertc1

It is just the Castelan silver grips ($200). Far from pimp.

I'd pay $500 for that Kimber Rapture and bunch of mags. Grips are easy to replace..

custom Kimber from their shop with a custom compensator and Solid Castelan Designs silver grips... Here’s some more info... She has the Meprolight Tritium 3- dot night sights, fixed Radius 6.8” and all the other goodies that come with the Raptor 2… She is like new... I haven't had time to run more then 50 rounds through her... Comes with 7 factory mags ,one being stainless steel and the rest are blueed

Last edited:

Jart

Is that compensator normal?

It's not like I've seen a lot of 1911 comps but aren't they typically fixed to the end of the barrel rather than the slide?

The last picture in the listing appears to show it behaving more as a long slide than a compensated 5"-er.

Bill DeShivs

The grips are classic. Grips of this nature have been popular for over 100 years. The gun, however, is not to my liking.
Young guys- guns don't all have to be painted black, green or tan. Fancy grips, engraving, plating, and inlaying have been the preferred method of individualizing fine guns since guns were invented.

BigJimP

I thought the standard Raptor was a little ugly / or at least a touch over the top ..... but this guy sure tried to make it "special" ...

I'm not a big Kimber fan - so I should probably disqualify myself from too many smart-alek comments...

Look at Wilson Combat - to get that bad taste out of your mouth ( Wilson Protector, 5", all stainless, ambi safety, etc is one of my all time favorite 1911's - can't leave it at home too often ....). Its a gun to judge all other 1911's against, in my humble opinion.

Shadi Khalil

Well I like the grips, not on that gun but I like them.

I think its funny how he takes a close up pic of the Kimber factory stamped mags. Wow, a whole bunch of mags that wont work in the gun, awesome.

Sgt.Fathead

Looks like BBQ grips we see here now and again! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so they say. I loved my 1977 Saab and it was UG-LEE!

David the Gnome

romeo-juliet-l-poster.jpg

In case anyone was wondering, it's pretty much the worst movie ever made.

The gun in question:

Gun.jpg

David the Gnome

Funny enough but that movie poster shows the bullet flying across with the case still attached. I believe there was a thread about that earlier.

kraigwy

LOL I bet if someone shot a hard ball portion of a 2700 bullseye match with those grips, his hands would come away bleeding.

No Thanks