Gander Mountain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groundhog34

I went to a Gander Mountain going out of business sale today. The guns were 20% off their MSRP+ prices still making them 10 to 15 percent over good LGS or GunBroker.The armo was 40% off putting it in line with online sellers. My walk away opinión was they deserve to go out of business although I did buy 2 shield magazines for 20 each plus tax.

Austin1776

"Gauger Mtn. Is getting what they deserve IMHO. Their prices were / are ridiculous. "

I could never understand how they ever managed to stay in business. I'm not one to grip about "high prices" as a rule, but ... Gander Mountain was just so totally over the top it was ridiculous.

Minorcan

The two Gander Mountains near me are only discounting their guns 5%, yep they are still a hundred or two over priced for polymer guns.

Targa

Yep, good riddance. I couldn't care less if Bass Pro/Cabelas went the same way as well, they are all so over priced it is insulting.

CDR_Glock

Too expensive.

My friend's used to have them price match.

I never cared for them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PSP

Sorry to se my local G.M. go. I found some great deals there over the years and they always price matched. My local bass Pro doesn't sell used guns as G.M. did.

Berserker

I said I would never go into one again. Saw going out of business signs. Clerk said all the other stores were running 15% of sale ending the next day, but the store I stopped into was only 5%.

Not enough to move the needle. 15% isn't unless I planned on buying it. Probably just gets them to normal prices.

Good riddance.

Though sad to store of that type go. They were carrying to much clothes.

I went in for scope mounts, they had one or two models, cabelas not much better had few more.

tahunua001

interesting that so many sporting goods stores are biting the dust as of late. stores like gart/sports authority were not very surprising, but gander mountain has always had positive reviews, at least as far as service and selection are concerned(most of the big outdoor chains are overpriced to a high degree, a la cabelas). I've even seen one of my local sporting goods chains go under in the last year.

FITASC

Mine is one of a handful NOT closing, but will be called Gander Outdoors - I saw better sales at the Holidays

Lexspeed

I called the store in Terre Haute, IN and was told the firearms are at a 5% discount and that the ammo is regular price. So no deals worth a visit to that store.:rolleyes:

Kvon2

I will admit Dick's can be a good place to get a Remington 870, Mossberg 500 or maverick 88 when they're on sale but everything else, especially ammo, just ridiculous.

Don P

I went to a Gander Mountain going out of business sale today. The guns were 20% off their MSRP+ prices still making them 10 to 15 percent over good LGS or GunBroker.The armo was 40% off putting it in line with online sellers. My walk away opinión was they deserve to go out of business although I did buy 2 shield magazines for 20 each plus tax.
Screw Gander Mountain and they deserve to close. Fellow shooter purchased a Glock. Got a good deal as they matched a LGS price. He returned to the store to see what all was on sale. The price on the Glock he purchased was raised 40% and they were offering a 20% discount, so hence no discount.

Status
Not open for further replies.