Gamo shadow 1000 sling

hunter33

Is it possible to add a sling to this rifle? It's got the little stud/swivel on the back stock of the rifle but nothing in the front to put the sling on. I talked to a couple different people in the sporting section and they didn't have a clue. It just doesn't make since that they would have it in the back but nothing in the front. :confused:

Alaskee

Air Gun Sling

Since it is a break barrel gun, it is difficult to mount a sling to the stock forearm due to the cutout where the barrel breaks.
If you have a sling swivel on the buttstock, you could attach your sling there and at the other end use a para cord loop or velcro fastener strip to attach the sling around the barrel. There are also slings which are specifically manufactured with a loop as an attachment point to the barrel.

Alaskee

Pump rifle sling

Also a sling designed for a pump rifle such as the Remington 760 which has a small barrel clamp and swivel as the alternative to a forearm swivel might work.

hogdogs

Staff In Memoriam
I never tried putting one on mine but I know that Gamo gets heavy like a big bolt gun after a few hours toting it around...
Brent

Alaskee

Here is a link to a barrel clamp for a Remington 760. It fits a min diameter of .645, max diameter .660. I measured a Crosman G1 barrel and came up with .610. Not sure what your barrel diameter mics out to but you could always put some electrical tape around the barrel to fill out the diameter.

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=333617&t=11082005

Here is a link to some loop slings.

http://www.midwayusa.com/browse/Bro...=17582&categoryString=10613***7640***15833***

Or you could always make your own loop sling out of a regular sling mounted to the buttstock swivel and make a barrel loop for the other end out of parachute cord or some type of velcro strap. A strap of leather for the loop could also work to cinch up and grip the barrel which will keep it from moving.

Last edited: