Game Cameras that use Cell data?

taylorce1

Anyone using these? I have some property that I need to protect that can't be stored onsite for a couple of weeks. So short of hiring a security guard, for when I'm not there I think this would be the best option against theft and vandals. I don't have any experience with any game camera but I'd like to keep the cost under $200 per camera. What are you all using for cameras that use cellular data?

std7mag

They are out there, and reportedly fairly good too.
My issue is there is no service available where i would put mine. And as you mentioned, cost.
I'd check out some reviews. Other than that, i'm at a loss.

Ricklin

Dumb crooks

Not all of them are dumb, just most.

Cameras are great, until they are not. Experienced thieves wear hoodies and often have a "mask" they can quickly pull up over their face.

When my car was robbed all we could tell from the video is they were a thief. No way to identify the creep, he was caught within a few days. Could not be prosecuted for my car smash and grab as there was no positive ID.

taylorce1

I'm more worried about the vehicles that enter and leave the property after hours. It's remote but I do have cell service there, and while my stuff will be visible from the road it's still too heavy and far away to carry off easily so they'll need to bring a truck or trailer to get it out.

std7mag

While most game cameras are decent for getting facial features, especially closer in, your gonna need some pretty good mega pixel to get a good tag reading.

taylorce1

Most of the cameras I'm looking at are in the 16-30 mp range. Mainly thinking the Boly MG983G is what I'll get.

Last edited: