Game Camera Advice?

Capt. Charlie

Moderator Emeritus
Hey guys! I'm looking for a half decent digital game camera as a Christmas gift, so I need some quick answers.

It doesn't have to be state-of-the-art. I'm hoping for a minimum 4 megapixel camera with IR flash, date/time/temperature stamp, and reasonable battery life.

And, I need all that for $70. or less (maybe on sale?).

Yeah, and I'd like the sun and the moon too, but I figure there's no harm in asking :D.

Any ideas?

Win73

You might find Wild Game Innovations cameras for that price range. I recently bought two for not much more than that and so far they are working well enough. Here are some pictures taken by them. These are the infrared type. With them you get color pictures by day and black and white by night. With flash type, you get color pictures night and day. With all cameras when the deer are moving, you will get blurring.

1211250639.jpg

12113006488Pt.jpg

1211172220.jpg

lt dan

got the second cheapest trail cam from Bushnell 2 months ago. very satisfied. I set the cam to medium quality and the pics are amazing. took about 6500 fotos in the 2 months on one set of batteries. Will try and post some pics to show the quality.

lt dan

image-3.jpg

This pic was taken in poor light on meduim pixels, the hog is about 25 yards away

image-4.jpg

The cat is about 15 yards away

Last edited:

Capt. Charlie

Moderator Emeritus
Thanks guys! Win73, those are some really nice shots. I was actually looking at the Wild Game Innovations camera before you posted. That's probably what I'll end up with, although the pics It Dan posted are impressive as well.

It Dan, can you give me the model number of your camera?