Gallery of Guns

I did something yesterday that I have never done before...bought a gun Online. I have watched Gallery of Guns on TV and decided to give it a try. I bought a Rossi 92, 16", with a large loop lever. There was quite a price variation from the dealers listed in my area, but my local gun store had one of the best prices so I bought it though their store.

Just wondering if anyone else has bought a gun through Gallery of Guns and what were your opinions? (Probably should have asked this before buying :D)

bcrash15

I did one time, I decided to buy a gun from a new local shop to try them out but they didn't keep much in physical inventory. They actually used the gallery of guns thing as their virtual inventory and when you bought a gun from them they would just order it from gallery of guns (I didn't actually use the website myself or anything). Problem is when the gun arrived the shop demanded I pay the shipping cost of the gun from gallery of guns to the shop and an FFL transfer fee on it, together this was $90 extra. This was not explained to me beforehand, but I think was in the fine print somewhere. If I refused I would be charged a restocking fee on the card I had to put on file to place the order. I am thinking this was probably just a predatory policy at that gun shop, I doubt this is universal across gallery of guns, but I haven't used that shop or gallery of guns since. I would imagine most people don't have this issue because gallery of guns couldn't stay in business. A lesson learned for me though about getting the details.

Hoping for the best on your purchase, didn't mean to spread fear or anything, just my experience. :eek:

Blindmike

Worked for me.

I live in an area that it is quite a drive to get to a real gun shop so online is the way a purchase most of my guns. I like the high quality weapons, as so much as my budget allows. I purchase a FNH FS2000 from Galley of Guns about a year ago and they were so good to work with and the transaction was smooth for me and my FFL here near home. Plus with today, there being so many choices in the market, for all types of weapons it is out of the question for a local dealer to have what everyone wants in stock. Also, the online dealers make it easy to check if your getting a fair price when you go buy a gun. One last thing I am glad you purchase from a local dealer because that should be our first choice even if it cost us a dollar or two more.

suppok

About 3 weeks ago I bought a 10/22 TD through Gallery of Guns. The price breakdown that GoG showed was the exact price that I paid ($97 to GoG and the remainder to the local dealer) I was more than satisfied with the transaction and I received the gun in two business days. Dealer was satisfied as well and treated me exceptionally well.
I would recommend the process and will use it for future purchases.

John

Well that makes me feel better..thanks guys. I will let you know how it goes when I finally get the gun, which I am hoping will be later this week. As a side note there was almost $100 price spread between about 20 dealers.

I was looking for lever gun that I could shoot my .38's through and decided on a Rossi .38/357 Mag. I have two friends that have them and they have been flawless.

gwnorth

I've bought a couple front them and would readily do it again.

Gallery of Guns is Davidson's web store, and Davidson's is one of the nations big firearms distributors (Sports South is another, but they do not sell directly from their own web site). When you buy from Gallery of Guns, it is not really different from going into your LGS and asking them to order the gun from Davidsons's. And since the LGS gets their price (i.e. the prices are those set by the LGS, not set by Davidson's), they will be fine about the whole deal. And you and the LGS know that if there is a problem with the firearm, Davidson's is the one who will deal with it (as the lifetime warranty offer is by them).

huntinaz

I bought one a about 5 years ago, dealer charged 10% and had to pay shipping. Was still way cheaper than I could find in a store. When you search dealers though, I noticed there are different prices on the same guns by dealer. I went with the cheapest one.

Mr2005

I have brought a few through g of g. No problems. My only qualm is lately it seems like every thing I want they are out of stock.

I also use buds online which is also great and no sale star!

Picked up my new gun today. It was by far the easiest firearms purchase I have ever made and I highly recommend their service. It was actually at the dealer's yesterday but I couldn't get to the store until today. I ordered it online Sunday evening, was delivered to the store yesterday morning. The final price was exactly as stated on the G of G paperwork with no surprises.

Just finished cleaning it and plan to shoot it in the morning. Thanks for all the replies.