G43 Jams

In the past 3 weeks when I loaded my G43 with 6+1, it has jammed 2 times. All of the other times when loading 6 it has not happened. Both times I had to remove the magazine then was able to clear the jam.

Does anyone understand what happened and why?? Could it be the magazine?

This has never happened in my G19 loading 15+1.

TunnelRat

When you're loading 6+1 are you loading the magazine with 6, inserting the magazine, chambering a round, releasing the magazine, topping off the magazine, and then re inserting? And when you say jam do you mean you fired it after loading 6+1?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes to the first and it jammed when I tried to fire it. I unloaded this particular magazine and I'm using a different one for now. Will know tomorrow if it too will jam.

TunnelRat

"Jam" is very vague. Malfunctions happen but there are different types. Did the round that was fired fail to extract from the chamber, or did that round fail to eject from the slide, or did the next round fail to feed? You have to be more specific and as a shooter you need to identify the differences for your own benefit too. That you had to clear the magazine sounds like a failure to extract but it could be a failure to eject if the tap, rack, bang just keep pinning the case in place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It happened again with the magazine that I was using. I removed it and reloaded
using a different magazine and nothing fouled. Will know for sure tomorrow
when I go to the range. This is very hard for me to be more explicit.

drunder40

Or load the mag with 1 round and chamber it then release the mag, top it off and insert into the magwell and pull trigger..

Worth a shot I guess if nothing else helps..

Here's the update. Took it to the range & started to shoot. All was great until I used the one mag that I thought was the cause and it was the culprit. I called Glock & they asked me to send it to them. I'm sending it back next week after the 4th.

HAPPY 4TH. OF JULY TO ALL. Especially to our Brother who will assume command of the Special Troops Battalion 25th. Sustainment Brigade after the Change of Command Ceremony command at Weyand Field Schofield Barracks, Hawaii.
'GO ARMY.

45Gunner

Not to be a nitpicker, but, most guns will have malfunctions. These are classified as Type 1, Type 2, or Type 3 malfunctions. A "Jam" by definition requires a gunsmith to fix as it usually involves some mechanical parts.

I have a friend that was consistently having Type 3 Malfunctions with her gun. I took it to the range and had not the slightest problem with it. I watched her shoot it and she was limp wristing it.

Sometimes it helps to have a buddy shoot the gun to see if he/she has the same problem.