G2 vs G1 Contenders

Pumpkin

Not sure where to post this:confused:
So I have 3 G1 pistols and 1 G2 30-30 rifle.
The G1's are of 3 different variations (hammer, safety, trigger guard and pivot pin, etc.) and while I really like the G2 I think the G1 was a more refined design. Adjustable triggers from the G1 are sorely missed on the G2. The easy open on the G2 is nice, but I have no problem with my old ones.
Oh, and the stock cracked on my G2 after shooting less than a box through it. Might have had hairline cracks when bought, one is very small.
I contacted S&W, "sorry, it's over a year old":mad: Haus of Arms sold me an excellent walnut replacement.
Thoughts?

wizrd

No surprises here. When S & W bought them out, - it was only a matter of time before they went downhill. BEFORE, they were bought out T/C sent me 5 different replacement stocks, before I got 1 that worked, - they had a problem with the inletting depth on the stocks, they were too deep for some reason, and wouldn't allow the use of a side mount hammer extension for use with a scope. Also their various caliber barrels just seemed to 'disappear' from the catalog. Previous to that, we had a good run, T/C and I. Barrels difficult to find now, also.

Pumpkin

T/C had a fantastic offering of chambering choices. I have a 10" octagon 25-35, good luck finding a new barrel in such an off beat caliber.