G-U Wholesale Experience?

Hays

I've been seeing full-page ads in Shotgun News and Gunlist from G-U Wholesale. They apparently are liquidating the inventory of guns from the ABN Sports bancruptcy. They are currently advertising blued full-size "Loaded" Springfield Armory 1911s for $479.95, which is a great price (this is the not the 2001 "L" series). Before I ordered, I was wondering if anyone had any positive or negative experiences with G-U. Thanks.

Stephen Ewing

Between my Dad and I, we've bought three guns from them in recent months. Two NIB, one STG-58 that was really in nice shape for the money. All three were delivered quickly, and with no fuss.

When I'm in a buying mood, I look at them first.

Steve

Redhook

A buddy of mine order a Remington 1100 Synthetic Shotgun from them a couple of months ago. All I can say is that they were fast, and he was pleased.

-Red-

UltimaSE

I thought I saw somewhere on the page that you needed to be an ffl to get something from them? Does anyone know if this is true, or have I just misread? I think I might have assumed with the prices you had to be an ffl, but I think it might just be that you have to have your ffl send paperwork so they can send everything to your ffl.

Thanks in advance,
UltimaSE