G-Code rocks!!!

Mylhouse

A month ago, I posted the following link, questioning G-Code's customer service:

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=137752

Boy, I feel like a dope! The holster in question was always perfect, I just didn't see why the trigger guard retention wasn't as it was supposed to be. Well, Mr. Evans sent me a replacement holster, and I had the same problem. I started really inspecting the fit of the holster and I finally found out what the problem was....

I HAVE CRIMSON TRACE LASER GRIPS ON MY KIMBER!!! The protrusion on the right grip panel that houses the laser was pushing the outside half of the kydex "sandwich" outward, causing the trigger guard area to be widened. I put the regular grips back on the Kimber, and the holster now works PERFECTLY.

I apologize to Mr. Evans and his fine company. His 1911 holster is the best I've ever used. Retention, concealment, and comfort are unparalleled IMHO. I've used Bladetech, Fobus, Predator, Sidearmor, Uncle Mike's, and DeSantis, and the G-Code is by far the best in my experience.

SCOTT: Sorry it took me so long to report back on this. I have been in the process of moving, so things have been hectic. I mailed back the replacement holster you sent me on Monday. Thanks again!

Scott Evans

Staff Alumnus
Thanks much for the complements and for taking the time to report back. I never thought to ask what grips that you were using … :D