G-36

Freeman25

Information, functioning and animation(if possible :D ).
Which armed forces are using it in the U.S.?(Army, USMC, Navy, Special Forces)

Last edited:

Warbow

I don't know about the US armed forces, but my local police department has a few G36Ks for the SWAT team. They shot a mag's worth of ammo through one to demonstrate and also let us handle it (unfortunately, not shoot it). Still, very cool to see first hand. :cool:

shaggy

Thanks for the info. Can a civilian get one?

Nope...not unless you have a FFL & SOT AND a demo request letter from a bonafide law enforcement agency. Even then, you can only have it so long as your FFL & SOT are valid. If/when you go out of business or lose/relinquish your license, you have to sell the weapon to another FFL & SOT with a demo letter OR you have to destroy the weapon.

IZinterrogator

Can a civilian get one?
Of all the stupid gun laws I hate, the importation ban is way up there. What is so evil about a semi-only G36? Or a PSG-1, for that matter? :mad: Is it because they are German? Hey, I'm of German descent, am I evil, too? :mad:

Delta's got em!

I know that the U.S. Army's Combat Applications Group(CAG), aka Delta Force, has HK G-36Cs in their inventory.

As an HK representative said once, "The M4 is a Ford; the G-36 is a Chevy. Both are quality weapon systems; the G-36 just gives the operators another option."

tyme

Administrator
Capitol (D.C.) police have them. I recall seeing them in AP news photos, and they're in the images section of hkpro.com.

Trippje

I am liveing in Germany right now and I work as a range officer at the rod and gun club on base. I recently got to fire a g36 and a g36a1. It was awsome. I bribed some germans to bring them for me to shoot. they are very easy to control even on full auto. I have some great pictures of it. any day full auto is a good day.

Trippje

G36 pics

MTMilitiaman

Of all the stupid gun laws I hate, the importation ban is way up there. What is so evil about a semi-only G36? Or a PSG-1, for that matter? Is it because they are German? Hey, I'm of German descent, am I evil, too?

Not that it would matter. HK is currently refusing to make civilian legal copies of their rifles--roller-locks, HK 416, and G36 included--even with the demise of the Assault Weapons Ban. They even encourage others not to make clones of HK's weapons for civilian use. It is my understanding that Heckler and Koch have a facility in Georgia now. It wouldn't be that difficult for them to throw the 65+ million gun owners in the United States a bone, yet for political motivations undoubtably similar to those of Colt, they refuse.

abelew

Sometimes I don't get HK. Dont get me wrong, I like their stuff, however, they don't seem very willing to throw us Americans a bone. They won't even certify anyone as an HK armorer, so that they can fix problems, instead of having to deal with HK direct. Not even police, who I think have a bona fide reason for the need for an HK armorer. One of the local Sheriff's deputies had a recoil spring catch or something really small and super easy to fix, if one had access to the appropriate knowledge and parts. Instead, she had to send it to HK and was put on the front desk for 6 months while she was waiting for her pistol to return. Frankly, I am going to carry an HK, because I love the way it handles, shoots great, more accurate than I am. However I am going to have a backup gun, so that if it ever breaks, I don't have to be put on the desk, because I don't have a gun.

luchs

also the italian GIS and NOCS have the G36..and the greek are in processing ti adopte it...the civilian version of G36 is the HKSL8 but are quite differmts in estetic from the military model...in germny there ara a kit to transform the SL8's estetic in a thing look like the G36..

Reaper351

G36

I like the weapon. It is easy to maintain, it's light and I haven't had a feed jam or stoppage yet. The pic I linked to was one that made the front page of the paper. My buddy EQ and myself both have our G36's. I was off duty and went in to talk to my buds and we get called out. My boots were at home!
http://www.geocities.com/reaper351/index.html

Attachments

• Escapee.jpg
    Escapee.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 79