G-23 Extraction problem

fyrestarter

Here's the problem in a nutshell:

My G-23 locks open every five rounds or so, requiring me to rack the slide to eject the spent shell and load a new shell from the mag. I have hand cycled the gun many times through full hi-caps and standard mags, and the slide will not even retract after 8 rounds requiring me to drop the mag and rack the slide. It looks like it's getting hung up somewhere on either the extractor or ?

I have read about problems with the extractor in older G-23's, and it appears as though this may be the culprit. I took the extractor out and stamped on the metal is the number "9". Is Glock using 9mm extractors in their .40 calibers? Should I replace the extractor? And if so, with what?

This is the first time I've ever been this frustrated with Fantastic Plastic.

fyrestarter

Problem sort-of solved. Turns out it was "operator error" -- not in shooting technique, but in Ammo-buying technique. Looks like I have another brand of ammunition to add to the list of "Crap to stay away from" -- Originally it was just Wolf. Now I can add "Hotshot" (Which upon further inspection, turns out to be a reload made with American Ammo brass.)

You get what you pay for.

Anyone who has heard of extractor problems in pre-accessory-rail Glock 23's, though, I'd like to know...