Fyi

Yakko77

I Emailed Kimber Mfg. and asked then if there is a Mr. Kimber who founded the company, if so, does this person have any involment in the current line of firearms today. Here is the reply I got:

"Kimber's founder is Australian, born in a town in the south called
"Kimba", which is an aboriginal word meaning "bush fire"....and is
pronounced "Kimber"."

Isn't that interesting?!?! I always figured "Kimber" was a name of a person but I guess not. Just a little FYI for you all!!!

:D :cool: ;)

hksigwalther

Interesting how Australians pronounce words ending in -a as 'er'. Mick Doohan always called Honda, "Honder" when he raced for them on Moto GP 500. (5 time World Champion I might add.)

adept

i believe that it's the reverse new englander accent. in new england, you remove the "r"s as they are special and must be conserved. so to be a proper new englander you would pronounce car as "Kaah" however it is proper new englander to have "idears", and to go to "florider".

Adept <living in the state with where you have "beeah">

Yakko77

"Mr. Kimber's" real name is...

Here is the second reply I got from Kimber when I asked for the name of the person who founded Kimber Mfg.

"The founder was Jack Warne. He is no longer involved with Kimber. His son is affiliated with Warne Rings, I believe."

There you have it folks, that "Kimber" name on the slide could have been "Warne".

Till next time...

:) :D ;) :cool:

Yakko77

Greg, not Jack

Oops!!!

I have been corrected by a member of the 1911forum. Go to www.woodgrips.com and click on "meet the president". The man who made it all happen is named Greg Warne, not Jack. :rolleyes: ;) :D

Yakko77

ATeaM

HAHAHA!!! Yes, they should change the name to "Warne". That way, when they change the name on the pistol slides too, all of us who have "Kimber's" will have a weapon that'll be that much more valuable. It would be an interesting stunt if Kimber actually did it but it won't happen................probably. ;) :D :p