FYI - The 41M is back

OldGunner

S&W is offering the 657 (stainless) in two hunter models. Mine has a 7 1/2 in barrel with a full length underlug. Paid about $625 in Dallas last month. It comes with hogue rubber grips. Shoots great. They also offer a Performance Center version with a ribbed barrel and notches for scope mounting in an 8 3/8 in (I think) barrel. Different look than mine (ugly). Suggested retail for this one is over a thousand. They are both scarce, but if you persevere you can find one.

Recently Ruger made a special run of the stainless Super Blackhawk Hunter and the stainless Bisley Hunter both in 41M. This is a Special Edition and is hard to find. Price is the same as the regular models. You may have to have them special ordered as not too many know anything about these two.

BillCA

I've seen the "new" 657 and I'm glad they are making it, not terribly impressed that it has the unfluted cylinder and that they moved the S&W logo to the left side (I'm assuming since the right side appears unmarked in the image I have). And a 7.5" barrel is strictly a hunting gun.

Check your hammer & trigger to see if they're MIM parts. It's my understanding that S&W is using MIM to reduce the cost of machining the internal action parts.

MADISON

The 41M [657]is back

I am very glad the 41M [657]is back. Hay, S&W how about some 4 inch and some 3 inch barrels?