Future Valuable or Collectible Pistols

Barn Dog

Anyone out there have any thoughts on what might be a future collectible handgun from those currently in production or made let's say within the last 5 or 10 years? I suppose quality, functionality, reliability and and maybe rarity would have to be taken into account and I'm just wondering which ones you think might be considered a very desirable pistol to own in the next few years or in twenty.

Justin

The Mateba Auto Revolver.
It's an Italian made revolver that uses a system similar to an semiauto pistol to cock the hammer and rotate the cylinder after each shot.
It's an incredibly unusual boutique gun, pricey, but with a very high 'cool' factor.
Wish I had the 600-1000 clams to pick one up.
*sigh*

TexasVet

I would list the Mirror image left handed Randall .45s and a Bren Ten with a working magazine (if there are any!)

JB in SC

I would agree with the LH Randalls (already hard to find). Add the HK P7M8 K3 .380 with both conversions (.32, .22).

P

PreserveFreedom

What will probably be most collectible are the guns in "odd chamberings". Imagine what a pre-sellout S&W wheelgun in 45ACP will be worth in 20 years. What about a 10mm wheelgun? If you have a chance, pick up an old Ruger SA in 357 Maximum and watch it go up in value, as long as you don't shoot full strength loads and cut your topstrap. Those are just a few that I can anticipate. If we could tell things like this for sure, our parents would each have a 1957 Chevrolet in their garage.

Monkeyleg

Rarity doesn't necessarily make something more valuable. .45LC was probably the most common caliber in the Colt SAA's, but it still commands a premium over .357 or other rounds. (As I type this, I wonder who will be the one to correct me on that if I'm wrong).

As for the question at hand, if I knew the answer I'd be buying all I could right now. ;) I did hedge my bets by buying a nickel Python, though.