Funny thing happened at the range...

Dr_Rich

Had a group of friends (not mine) come to the range last weekend. They went back in the range and were having a good time shooting. Then, this kid (17 ~ 20 or so) comes in the shop and asks me if I can help him with a jam. Yeah, no problem.

So I go into the range and I look at his rifle. Its an older pump 22. And there is a round that looks like its stuck in the mag tube and its not getting pushed up to the bolt carrier. I mess with it for about 10 seconds and realized this was going to be a bit of a problem.

After 5 minutes of cussing and sweat - I find this

532359_10151115806992823_2138174183_n.jpgj

Something tells me his buddies were telling him not to put a .22 mag in a rifle that says ".22 short, long, Long Rifle ONLY" Because when I took it back to him and told him what was going on they all started ribbing him.

- Blog.TheFiringLine.com/Dr_Rich

bearclaw46

Reality....another word for realization. Once you actually "realize" something, it changes what you're doing or thinking real fast haha. A good example... I used to work for USFWS up here in Alaska we had a little gal that was totally anti-gun. Refused to carry the Dept's 870 shotgun in the field for bear protection. After her mauling, and her wounds healed...the next year, she was putting on lectures at the bear training shotgun classes on how to properly use a Remington 870 for bear protection. Realization is SO important in life.

Stressfire

The eek emoticon really does no justice to my reaction to that pic....

I hope the kid got a good, detailed explanation on the importance of reading the stamp on the barrel and the fact that it was put there for a darn good reason.

He got lucky