Fun

sm

Responsible Firearm Ownership encompasses a lot of things.
Safety, Preserving Freedom, RKBA, Introducing new shooters, and fun.

As some know I hang with tight knit bunch, mostly ladies, single moms and kids...oh and dawgs.

Serious lessons on shooting, CCW, defensive stuff, learning to shoot shotguns, clays and of course, kids with .22 single shot rifles.

Reactive targets are great for kids, no matter how big the kid is.
I mean I look good shooting a kids single shot .22 rifle painted in teal blue for a young lady with a Pink Floyd "Dark Side of the Moon" sticker, or the .22 single shot rifle with a NASCAR sticker...I still think I look best in that youth single shot .410 in bright yellow, with tie-dye paint scheme that actually shows up under black-light.
[UV for you whippersnappers :p]

Seems the littler kids get a kick out of messing with me, the bigger kid, referred to a "adopted uncle".
One deal they do is stick a itty bitty jelly bean "umpteen bazillion" yards downrange, and I have to hit the jelly bean.
I cannot see the jelly bean, still I do have my choice of of kids guns to use.

"A stick of beef jerky in the hip pocket makes one a better shooter" - I have shared.

Well...I have been known to have back pockets stuffed with beef jerky. Stuffed by kids helping.
*giggle* "You missed again, you must need more beef jerky" *snort*

I / we encourage kids being creative, using imaginations and ...us kids get a bit concerned with the moms, and one older couple we dub grandma and grandpa.

One has to be reaaaal careful about a older couple that "piddles" in a shop together.

Tin cans, cord, wood, and whatever else , end up being some interesting targets.

Like the time a "tin critter" was made. I mean a 6' critter that looked like a ant-eater on hind legs.

Tin cans suspended by cord, set atop a tarp (easier to pick up tarp with cans, to dispose of) and kids of all sizes and ages shooting with .22 rifles and handguns , taking it apart.

Grandma/Grandpa must have worn themselves out adding water with food coloring to the tin cans.

I admit, I was sorta surprised to learn a head shot resulted in a spray of blue...seems a tail sprays orange-ish...

Another interesting "challenge" was setting out on a sheet of plywood with a border, some wind up toys, looks like mice out there running around and trying to hit them.

See-Saw. Get a board, tin cans with water, and when is knocked off, it of course raises the other end up.

I still get a kick shooting tin cans off a "fence".
Adult with a kid team , and set up two "fence posts" with cans and teams race as to who can knock off all cans first with a single shot .22.

Ya know a mom and daughter both using Pink Crickets are just too funny.
"Look mom, hit the cans like I am or we are going to lose"

Now kids like to eat, and ladies like chocolate.

Slip of paper in tin cans out a bit further than current skill levels with chocolate and names of the places kids want to eat, or foods.

Kids will hunker down, to shoot for Pizza, Tacos, Burgers and we ain't sure about one kid, Salads? :p
OK, a Mexican Salad is not really a 'salad' is it?

Women told that bright yellow can w-a-y out yonder means a whole bag of Reeces, or York Peppermint 'bite size'...oh yeah, it gets serious, and right quick.
Kids are quiet, one foot hops, they want to coach mom, but...hands to face, hands flailing, disappointed faces, and dear me, ain't nothing like a kid going -"Way to go mom! We are going to share- right!?"

"No, mine, all mine" - mom says with "gimme my chocolate" hands :p

Fun.