Fun Show

Lokpyrite

Howdy, figured I'd share a good time at the gun show since everyone else seems to think it's a bad time. I went to the Phoenix gun show on Sept 10 and while some of the guns were over priced I did see a few good deal. For instance I picked up a nice Benchmade knife for about half what it'd go for at the store and I saw a real nice Dan Wesson 357 for $350.

I also saw some guy walking around with his list of items for sale and their prices wich included a 45 acp hipoint for 280 :eek:

O'yeah, I got some good beef jerky and some freeze dried food too.

Gehrhard

Good for you! Ya never know what you'll find, and, there is of course the unwritten rule that you must buy SOMETHING at a show. And Benchmade's are top shelf! Wadja get?

And while I'm here, speaking of Beef Jerky, didn't Cabela's used to have it without the nitrates? It was fresh and didn't give me a headache. It seems to have been replaced with Jeff Foxworthy's face!

:(

Lokpyrite

Actually I don't know what model it is. It's a Mel Pardue design and is made of 154cm steel and is fairly heavy. That's about it.

Smokey Joe

Good on you!

Lokpyrite--Glad somebody else likes going to gun shows! You go for the entertainment; then if you get a good buy on something it is just a plus. Never go to a gun show with a grim face and a must-get shopping list--Those types are the ones who come home disappointed and mad at all gun shows.

Yung.gunr

I like gunshows. They are fun to go and wander around and hang out with somewhat likeminded people. My boss went to the show this last weekend in Phoenix and said most of it was in doors and was told during winter time it is much bigger. Last one I went to there in Phoenix it was HUGE. The last show I did go to was a pretty small one down in Tucson. I didn't end up getting anything except a rubberband gun for my son. Still had fun though, lots of cool stuff and I got to share my wifes first gunshow experience. It also reminded me of how much I love that girl. (I know big softy) She had a lot of fun even though she wasn't quite sure what was going on.

Lokpyrite

O'yeah, BTW. I got out the magnifying glass and checked out the knife I got. It's a Benchmade 520 Presidio. I found it on the web for 185 dollars, not a bad deal seeing as I paid 75 for it.

Uncle Buck

Another good thing about gun shows is the history you can find out while there. I do not go to them like I use to (For the many bad reasons people mention), but the smaller shows are still fun for me to go to.

People have time to talk and tell stories. Some stories are just unbelievable, but most of the old timers are very interesting.

Gehrhard

Gun shows are like shooting sports petting zoos. Even if you don't want anything, go, enjoy, have fun, see, discuss and handle new as well as old things you didn't know about and find what you didn't even know you "needed"!

And that knife is a fine working blade of decent steel if not a little hefty, and ya done good. I am fond of many Benchmades (my favorites) and that Axis Lock is nice. I prefer the ones with the lock too, but, yours is an example of something one might just stumble across and fall into.

ritepath

I go to several gun shows a year, I buy almost nothing. AR parts, maybe some small ammo, holster or something normally less than 100 bucks. I go every time mostly to research my next firearm and get a general idea of what pricing is in real life.