Fun Bullet

Mike / Tx

Looks to be somewhere in the 140-150'ish grain 38 or possibly something like a 130gr for a M1 Carbine.....

Either way it's a cute little thang.

LAH

Good eyes Mike. This is the Saeco/Redding #928, a 147 grain RN for the 38 Super/9MM. These are right on the money with my range lead/pure lead mix. They size nicely at .358 for my M10. I do not the cowboy thing.

Beagle333

That does look like something that would be fun to fire those bullets with. :)

I don't recall even having a RN design. I should consider adding one to the lineup, them's pretty spiffy. ;)

Last edited:

LAH

The round nose bullet doesn't draw much attention. Seems it doesn't "turn people's crank" so to speak. No good for hunting, no good for self defense, & so on & so on. We've all heard it time & time again. I'm not here to reveal some new thing about the round nose bullet. It is what it is but it's not all bad.

I wrote an article once In Defense of the Round Nose. They can be as accurate as the WC, DEWC or HBWC. I've also found them plenty accurate at 100 yards. So they are fine for Hunter Pistol Silhouettes. For shooting steel revolver matches the round nose will feed through a speedloader like no other. Plus they are very easy to cast. I like this one for sixguns because it uses 2 driving bands.

Mike / Tx

My pop did a LOT of surveying back in the day and toted around an old Colt 38 Army SPL. I guarantee out to a hundred yards, there wasn't much critter wise that if he drew a bead on, he couldn't pop in the noggin with those old RN lead factory loads.

I still have that revolver and treat it with kid gloves. I carried it out to a show once just to see what remarks I would get. I had several sellers make me offers up to around $450 for it. I figured if THEY were willing to cough up that for it, I had something to hang on to.

I picked up that old 6 cavity Hensley #50 not long ago to loads up some fun rounds for it, and my wife to throw out of her GP. I need to get them lubed up and loaded and see how they do.