Fun at the range with my Beretta

ShipWreck

Got back from the range earlier today... Took one of my Beretta 92s with me...

My main concealed carry gun is a Beretta 92FS with factory night sights. I got into my 3rd "Beretta phase" a little over a year ago, and now I have 4 variants of the 92 (with a planned 5th one I will buy soon).

I put 2000 rounds thru the gun in the first 3 months I had it, and I'm up to about 3k now.

I went to the range with it today, and once again, I am reminded why I like it so much. It's a very accurate gun, at all ranges... In the past, I never really bothered to practice 1 handed, or even off handed. And, I never really shot with that 1st DA shot very much in the past...

But, I do all 3 fairly often now with my Beretta - after a close call with someone wanting to rob me early last year, I decided that it would be a good idea (instead of just standing there and shooting 2 handed all the time). Its pretty fun to practice 1 handed too. And, having a larger gun makes it a little easier to shoot 1 handed.

I've floated thru various guns over the years, and also various carry guns. Whenever I carried small subcompacts, I never really did that much practice with them at the range. For me, it's harder to be as accurate with them as with fullsize guns, and depending on the gun, the recoil can take some of the fun out of just "plinking."

I managed to find a good holster that allows me to carry my 92 IWB, and I can hide it fairly well.

The only bad thing I can say is that I will admit that I prefer the straight dustcovered version of the 92 over the curved dustcover - that's the only thing that bothers me about my 92FS. However, I like that slight indentation on the back strap that the curved dustcover model has. And, I find the railed version of the 92 to be just front heavy enough to throw off the balance I like when I hold the gun out 1 handed. So, despite the curved dustcover, I found my fav gun :D

EDC-2.jpg

ShipWreck

Thanks. I'm not a big guy either. 6'1", and 176 lbs. I could not do it unless I use an IWB holster right at the 3 o'clock position.

But, I put up a poll on the Beretta Forum a month or so ago - asking if anyone else conceals a 92. About 20-25 others did full time, and quite a lot of people claimed to do it at least occassionally.

DrBundy

Like your rig, and looks like you have some of WAL's magical Hogue medallion grips installed. I swear those things make every round hit the 10 ring :D.

good looking setup you have! I must admit i have never heard of anyone CCW'ng a 92

You'd be surprised :cool:

~A

ShipWreck

Like your rig, and looks like you have some of WAL's magical Hogue medallion grips installed. I swear those things make every round hit the 10 ring

Yes, I have a set on this gun and on 1 of my M9A1s :)

ShipWreck

Like your rig, and looks like you have some of WAL's magical Hogue medallion grips installed. I swear those things make every round hit the 10 ring

I have a 92A1 on lay-a-way now. I think I"ll have to get another set made by him soon :D

Leejack

ShipWreck, as you know, I'm an old M9 and PT99 slinger. I had a cheap Uncle Mike's holster some years ago that I liked; worked well.

Glad you had such a fun and productive range trip.

You have a great rig sir! I love it!

Lee